What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 9.3.2 & iPad 3

smadadet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated my iPad 3 to 9.3.2 with disastrous results. The iPad freezes up at random times and nothing can be done except to reboot it and hope it runs for a few minutes before freezing up again. How can Apple release an update without testing it first???????

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple does test the updates through an extensive beta testing program, which I participate in. I have 2 iPad 3 models which have been updated to iOS 9.3.2 without any problems. It's possible that problems with the Internet connection may have caused problems with the update on your iPad. Does it operate nirmally between the freeze ups?

Did you update OTA? If so, you may want to re-do the update through iTunes. If you can, back up to iTunes and if the backup was successful, select the restore option. This will download and install a fresh copy of iOS 9.3.2 to your iPad and restore it to factory condition. After the restore, you can set it up from the backup you made earlier.

Let us know if this works for you.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just updated my iPad 3 to 9.3.2 with disastrous results. The iPad freezes up at random times and nothing can be done except to reboot it and hope it runs for a few minutes before freezing up again. How can Apple release an update without testing it first???????
You may have to restore the iPad through itunes to solve your problem.

Most reactions