What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8 on iPad 4G battery drain.

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I updated my iPad 4G to iOS 8 via iTunes, did the reset and the battery drains so quickly. I've disabled most of the stuff like I did on iOS 7 but not the same effect.

Is it a problem only for me ? Or a bug from iOS 8?

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just realised that it took me only a minute to write this post and the battery drained two percent. This didn't happen on iOS 7 though.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I upated today, and battery usage seems normal. Did you remember to turn off the Bluetooth radio, which always gets reset by updates?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The upgrade didn't seem to have any effect on my Air battery.

It might be that the application that keeps track of your battery's state of charge somehow got confused. I'd try let the battery drain fully overnight and then charge it back up. (Apple recommends doing this periodically even if you're not upgrading the OS).

I don't know for sure if it will fix the problem, but it's worth a try.

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm ... Will try a full discharge and charge, hope it helps!
And yes, I've disabled Bluetooth and also the other stuff. :)

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated to iOS 8.0.2 and battery seems better. I know on the update description they didn't mention battery issues but to me the battery life seems better. Hopefully it is better now [emoji3]

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated to iOS 8.0.2 and battery seems better. I know on the update description they didn't mention battery issues but to me the battery life seems better. Hopefully it is better now [emoji3]

Either that, or things settled in with the battery meter which is possible too. Good to hear.

Most reactions