What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 8 and Facebook photos

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i use Safari for Facebook and hate the Facebook app. Since ios8 I cant upload any photos to Facebook via Safari. It just hangs. I also tried Chrome and Atomic browsers and they are worse....immediately crash to home screen. Anyone else see this? Ideas?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem you have in uploading photos is the result of an iOS 8 bug in Safari that affects uploading photos to most websites. Some members report success when using third party browsers such as Puffin Browser.

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice new operating system...NOT! My Splashtop app is also totally dead in the water now. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nice new operating system...NOT! My Splashtop app is also totally dead in the water now. :(

The operating system is not responsible for apps that have not been updated to work on it. Developers are.

If you have apps that are important to your workflow, then you should never update an OS, on any computer or device, until you have confirmed that the app has been updated. There is no reason to treat the iPad any differently.

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True. I guess I was just getting upset with multiple issues with ios8. On a positive note, Puffin works with Facebook photos. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
True. I guess I was just getting upset with multiple issues with ios8. On a positive note, Puffin works with Facebook photos. :)

No problem. I've been known to go off on rants my self, and with less justification.

Glad Puffin is working for you. I'm also hoping Apple gets this issue fixed quickly.

OP
markbnh1

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This bug has been fixed with the 8.0.2 update! Splashtop also finally updated their app. All is well for me in Apple Land! :)

Most reactions