What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 8.1.2

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
8.1.2 is available according to my iPad. Anyone load it? Comments. I'm going slowly after 8 and 8.1.

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did 24 mins ago [emoji4]

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 128g using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's downloading on my iPad 3 right now. My iPad Air 2 is currently on iOS 8.2 beta.
8.1.2 is available according to my iPad. Anyone load it? Comments. I'm going slowly after 8 and 8.1.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It took my iPad 5 minutes to even check for the update. Apple serves must be overloaded. Will wait a couple of days before trying again.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nice discussion of the pros & cons of updating to 8.1.2 HERE - I have 3 iDevices that will need to be updated but will probably wait a few days - NOW, will wonder what 8.2 will be like? ;) Dave

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I updated from 8.1.1 after dinner tonight. Via wifi, the download took under two minutes, plus the inevitable internal gyrations and reboot.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, it went fast on all my devices. I don't notice a difference of their performance, compared to before the update.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems to be pretty basic. Nothing has changed on my Air. It's no worse so that's good. :)

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Upgraded this morning. Immediately noticed that two sounds have changed: Closing the cover sounds like the camera shutter sound and the power charger sound is totally different -both far louder. (I have not had a chance to investigate yet.)

Edit: a reset cleared the sound problem; otherwise OK, I think...

Last edited:

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did the update over the air yesterday afternoon. It took around 10 to 15 minutes. So far I have not noticed any differences.

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not computer or tablet savvy. But I did do the two IOS upgrades and have been very disappointed. I've been sitting on the IOS 8.1.2 upgrade for over a week and I'm not sure if I should upgrade :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nice discussion of the pros & cons of updating to 8.1.2 HERE - I have 3 iDevices that will need to be updated but will probably wait a few days - NOW, will wonder what 8.2 will be like? ;) Dave

Well, both iPad Mini & new iPad Air 2 now on 8.1.2 w/o a problem - will do Susan's new iPhone 6 tomorrow - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts