What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 8.1.2 music problem

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i contacted Apple support to address a wifi issue (wifi dropping) with my iPad Air. They recommended upgrading to IOS 8.1.2. This I did, reluctantly, as I've always found unwanted side effects. Lo, and behold, I've got one (so far). The Music app, which came pre-installed, is mixing up my music tracks. When listed under Artists, I find one partiicular artist appearing in every Artist's list. Playing one of the rogue tracks results in a random track from the requested artist. It seems to be that the first artist chosen after opening Music becomes the new rogue artist. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone help me fixiit?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How are you getting your music to the iPad?

Are you syncing it from iTunes on a computer? Are you downloading it directly from iTunes, keeping it all on the iPad, or streaming some of it and only downloading selected songs? Or are you using iTunes Match?

OP
D

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Twerppoet, thanks for your respomse.
Most of my music is ripped from CD onto iTunes. I then dragged particular tracks I wanted onto my iPad. Everything worked perfectly, from iPad 1 to iPad Air until the upgrade to IOS 8.1.2. I've also upgraded iTunes to the latest version (which I also think was a bad move), To overcome the problem, I've deleted all the music from my iPad. Now I've to get rid of the ghost tracks which re-appeared when I connected to my PC. Probably coming from Cloud backup. I'll have to find out how to get music from the new iTunes onto my iPad to see if the problem has gone.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Deleting all the music off the iPad and starting over again was probably your best bet. It sounds to me like you've got a pretty good handle on it. Probably better than I can do by guessing remotely.

Please let us know how it goes. Or if you have any other questions, which I probably won't know the answers to, feel free to say so. :)

OP
D

Desmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'll see how I get on. If I do manege to fix the problem, it'll be thanks to the efforts of people like yourself who are willing to pass on advice, for which please accept my thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the situation. I decided to use iTunes Match about a year ago, so I can't experiment with the method you've chosen. Not without clearing my iPad and starting from scratch myself; which I've done several time in the past.

As long as the iTunes library on the computer is intact, there's a way forward; though it may take a few tries.

Good luck.

Most reactions