What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 on iPad 2

acostapimps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in no hurry to upgrade (and probably never will till the next upgrade fix with a big maybe) since I'm still on 5.1, and enjoying a great battery life, since I bought it new on ebay when my previous one got the screen shattered and was not to fond with that one, when I upgraded to 6.0 then 6.1 I had issues battery wise and wifi also, Now with the replacement it's like a brand new iPad (which technically it is) With software that works for me. Of course I won't be able to download apps that require iOS 6 or later but that's fine by me when all I want is a iPad that last me longer on battery, when I'm browsing and watching videos without worrying about battery and wifi and on screen keyboard issues.

Panama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother took his in for something and they upgraded it while he was there. His iPad is definitely definitely slower and uses the battery up faster....noticeably so. I do not intend to upgrade mine until an updated version comes out. There are probably fixes and things he could do and WILL do to make it better like dimming the screen or turning off some GPS stuff....but why buy trouble??? My old 6.1.3 does me just fine for now and personally I like the screens I have now and don't see anything IOS7 gives me to make it worth the trouble. He now has to wait and wait for a web page in Safari to load..... Definitely slower than before the upgrade...JMHO anyway.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated to IOS7 but when I have opened camera there is no option to video, can anyone help?

Yah there should be three words on the right hand side of the live photo view. One is video. You have to slide up. I did some videos and they are huge files. Mine were like several gigs just for one meeting I tried to record. And it looks like a windows environment to me. I have to dig in time capsule because it erases all my app information and it doesn't let you revert to a back up to ios6. Believe me I thought I tried. It eliminates the revert back. And then it says everything is in the cloud. But there's no browser cloud access to individual apps and they don't come back on on the update. That's a crazy thing to to to people who are so dependent on the cloud. I thought if I had problems installing there would be a way to access iTunes for old versions of iBooks and PDFs like for PDF expert. Now if I go into time machine I'm not sure where to look for day one journal entries.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only problem is on my IPAD Mini all of my msn, and hotmail accounts have 4,000 + new email notifications that are from old email? How do i get rid of those without trying to go through all of those emails? My IPHonE 5 went just fine?

You have to go to bottom of the mail bar after hitting edit at the top. Choose mark all as read. That is so annoying when they keep downloading and downloading. It's not like it's a new device.

glendale88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys im new here...
Wazzup everyone?
I own an iPad 2 and currently using iOS 7...
How bout u guys?

shibbu sharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When i use my ipad camera for record video it works but no sound after recorded plaing without sound
So disgusting
Have any india

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When i use my ipad camera for record video it works but no sound after recorded plaing without sound
So disgusting
Have any india

Try a reset of your iPad and see if this makes a difference.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I took the plunge and upgraded yesterday and am very pleased with the result. My iPad has not slowed down at all and in fact I think some apps are faster than before. The only problem is that I can't link my iPhone as it now requires an upgrade to iTunes to link. Not a major problem and I will update later when I have access to a wiFi connection. I think the things that my iPad is missing rank more in the nice to have than in the can't live without it category.
I like the visual impact of ios7 .

markdevoll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hate it..... They removed things and it looks stupid.... The looks are not an improvement

Ickleoois

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the look of it but suppose will have to get used to it. It seems faster so far and less glitchy. Icons look awful. The ones at the bottom used to have a 3 d effect sat on a shelf now it is all very cheap looking.

Q where is the volume/brightness control panel you used to be able to get by double clicking and swiping right? Used that a lot. Im lost without it.

Thanks
Eun

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sweep from the VERY BOTTOM (where the glass starts) upwards. This will bring up the new Control Panel which replaces the way it was done in iOS 6 and older.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the look of it but suppose will have to get used to it. It seems faster so far and less glitchy. Icons look awful. The ones at the bottom used to have a 3 d effect sat on a shelf now it is all very cheap looking. Q where is the volume/brightness control panel you used to be able to get by double clicking and swiping right? Used that a lot. Im lost without it. Thanks Eun

Put your finger right at the bottom of the screen and swipe up.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts