What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 on iPad 2

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK I see what happened. It changed pages and said Restrictions Disabled on the Restrictions page.
Thanks

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found this keyboard in Apple store. Can it be used as a Default for All.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 343

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening! Does anyone know why certain apps such as Google & You Tube want access to the microphone on my iPad?

Google and youtube have the speech dictation feature in them, which is why it asks you for the microphone to be accessed.

iswisher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the update yesterday to my Ipad 2 and since then I cannot rotate my 24-7 game app to landscape. It worked fine before the update. I have tried to delete and reload the app without any change. Anyone else seeing this?

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the major changes that were made in ios7 we are not going to be given much choice but to upgrade. I already have 2 apps that won't run without ios7. I am putting off the upgrade to the first update as that normally sorts out bugs that have come to the fore. I can live without Evernote for now but long term will probably want it back. As a matter of interest how many people like the new look. People who don't like the new look obviously have something to say but do the rest of you like it?
Here in Zimbabwe there is very little information available so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the major changes that were made in ios7 we are not going to be given much choice but to upgrade. I already have 2 apps that won't run without ios7. I am putting off the upgrade to the first update as that normally sorts out bugs that have come to the fore. I can live without Evernote for now but long term will probably want it back. As a matter of interest how many people like the new look. People who don't like the new look obviously have something to say but do the rest of you like it? Here in Zimbabwe there is very little information available so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I really like the new look and feel of iOS 7. It runs smoothly on my iPad 2 and I haven't had any problems. I like many of the same features others have pointed out...such as the app tiles and ease of closing apps, the parallax effect, easier multi tasking, better folder management and some other things. It's a great upgrade, IMO.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did the update yesterday to my Ipad 2 and since then I cannot rotate my 24-7 game app to landscape. It worked fine before the update. I have tried to delete and reload the app without any change. Anyone else seeing this?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

If you have reset your iPad and deleted and reinstalled this app, the problem may be with the app itself. All apps must also be updated whenever an update is released for the iPad. Sometimes they just don't get it right the first time and then we need to wait for the Developer to release another update to fix these problems. Getting in touch with the Dev is a good idea to let them know what you're experiencing.

Oh, and in case you're not sure I'll include details of a reset.
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Please do not post twice or more on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other posts have now been deleted.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...i upgraded my iPad 2(Wi-fi, black) to ios7 from 6...the upgrade went well without any problem but after it rebooted, all was gone...it is now stuck at recovery mode showing an USB image directing to i-tunes..restoring is not possible from i-tunes either...all in wanted is to keep updated but now i'm ending with a unusable i-pad....I HATE APPLE!! **** THEM!!! :mad:[/QUOTE

@ Mohathir
Please, you must have been backing up to iCloud,(yes?) and if so just do a full restore from the cloud after wiping your pad clean. Treat as a new pad. Most probably someone here with experience will chime in but if you've been backing up you should be safe and your pad memory can most probably be recovered I would hope. Good Luck regardless.

Last edited:

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ Mohathir
Hopefully you saw my response as I couldn't seem to place it in reply to your post

ophelia105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't seem to poem my work webmail? Was fine before 7. Now opens halfway and gets stuck?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the major changes that were made in ios7 we are not going to be given much choice but to upgrade. I already have 2 apps that won't run without ios7. I am putting off the upgrade to the first update as that normally sorts out bugs that have come to the fore. I can live without Evernote for now but long term will probably want it back. As a matter of interest how many people like the new look. People who don't like the new look obviously have something to say but do the rest of you like it? Here in Zimbabwe there is very little information available so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I love the new ios! It works well on my ipad 2, my ipad mini and my iPhone 4S. Have not had any real problems at all. The only thing I have noticed if I go to the App Store or itunes, I get a 'cannot connect to store' message but it goes away and all is well. Small glitch compared to what many are saying about ios7!

Most reactions

Latest posts