What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 on iPad 2

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using a Mini and if anything it's faster in all areas (although I haven't changed my wallpaper yet!!!), I haven't upgraded my iPad 2 yet.

The Archangel

I was trying to add a panaromic shot that I took with my iPhone and make it as a wallpaper on my mini. However, it only showed part of the picture and it was difficult to resize. I'll have to try again.

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 7 on iPad 2........terrific. Genius. Absolutely the greatest!! Need I say more? (no I don't work for apple)

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated to IOS7 but when I have opened camera there is no option to video, can anyone help?

There is a transparent gray area on the right which gives the option of taking a video. Merely slide your finger to the option you want.

Frank77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and when I double click on the home button to shut down the apps running in the background, I see the apps and the page they have open (a new feature I haven't seen before), but no matter what I do I can't seem to shut them down - they just open instead. Ideas?

Hold your finger on the app and slide it "up". This will force close the app.

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there away you can remove the icon/links at the upper left hand corner (ESPN, Disney, Yahoo)?

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded IOS 7.0 and I hate it! With IOS 6.0, when you switched on. You got the time and date and the unlock slide bar. Now you have to slide the whole page to unlock!
When I open Google now, I get avatars of all my bookmarks showing! why?
If I want to change backgrounds with a picture from my files. The picture is always too large. If I try to adjust it to the correct size to fit the screen. It just twangs back so that the picture is too large again!
As a keen plane spotter. One of my favourite apps is 'Plane Finder' In IOS 6.0 I could click on a plane to get it's flight history track.Click again and I would get details of the aircraft and the flight. Touch the screen and all this information would disappear. But now the flight track simply will not delete.
I would very happily go back to IOS 6.0 if I could.

Tahoechris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go ahead and upgrade. My iPad2 runs better overall, including faster picture downloads in Safari. I mainly use mine to surf the web.
"Sent from my iPad using my finger"
WHAT, NO STYLUS?
~Only kidding! I now find that my onscreen keyboard is now working vs. ios6 where it
was mis-keying or replacing with incorrect letters. There is an occasional lag but not often.
Spotlight search now works whereas in 6 it no longer worked at all, just froze the screen
and pad after 1 letter was entered.
Though there are problems and a fair amount to get used to generally I like ios7
except for Safari search, I liked the separate box to side better than the center
one ala Chrome and everybody else!

Good luck to you!

Last edited:

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, our son hasn't updated his old iPad 2! So I'm officially claiming for my self!

Rider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 is definitely faster. Especially browsing with Safari. Very happy with IOS7 and i recommend you to upgrade.

amilliron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening! Does anyone know why certain apps such as Google & You Tube want access to the microphone on my iPad?

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The keyboard color on Gmail is a very light gray same as the keyboard I am using ti type this post. The keyboard for Google search is a darker gray. Can I adjust or change the keyboard colors?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good evening! Does anyone know why certain apps such as Google & You Tube want access to the microphone on my iPad?

It's another security measure implemented by Apple. If there is some coding in the app, the iPad will recognize it and set it up for you to decide if you wish the app to have access. Don't know why the app would want access - but at least you can stop it.

The keyboard color on Gmail is a very light gray same as the keyboard I am using ti type this post. The keyboard for Google search is a darker gray. Can I adjust or change the keyboard colors?

Unfortunately, no. The colors of the keyboard are what Apple made them. Usually, app developers will leave the keyboard in the default layout, to include colors.

If you are using the Gmail app, maybe you could write the developers and ask if they can change the color of their keyboard?

Or, you can hope a jail break is found for iOS 7 and that themers have a chance to work on the keyboard to change the colors. Sorry, but that's all I've got.

Marilyn

Most reactions