What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 on iPad 2

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad mini, which is basically the same as a iPad 2, and it seems to be working okay, I like how you can now stream movies you own, but where are the movie posters?, and in the control center, no flashlight or calculator? Love iTunes Radio!

I think the screen creates enough light so flashlight not needed ;) as for calculator, ipad never came with it preset anyways.

kelB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just updated to IOS7 but when I have opened camera there is no option to video, can anyone help?

Have you not got the words on the side. They slide up and down if you touch them.

Attachments

• image-3120942506.jpg
    image-3120942506.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 436

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided not to upgrade my iPhone 4 as is supposed to be slower. Is the iPad 2 any good on iOS7? I don't really want to slow my device down by upgrading. I know you don't get all of the features but for the animations and other features is it running smoothly?

Thanks

1. It was in the start but after using my iPad 2 with iOS 7 for a while and "tweaking" my device using settings it was faster than iOS 6. Crash of apps, lag, safari loading, downloading, all gone better.

2. You don't get panoramic pictures, Siri, and AirDrop ONLY. I browsed my iPad 2 with iOS 7 and you actually get photo filters, square pictures and videos. I can't call that filters in camera is needed since you can just do the exact same things in the photo's app.

3. The animations actually run smoothly, so as the Dynamic (Live) Wallpapers where the bubbles moves when you move your device. Its pretty awesome and just reduce battery life by a few minutes or seconds, or not even reduce your battery life!

Also a few reason you should update it also:

1. It will help increase battery life.

2. You will miss the new features.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Shambo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only problem is on my IPAD Mini all of my msn, and hotmail accounts have 4,000 + new email notifications that are from old email? How do i get rid of those without trying to go through all of those emails? My IPHonE 5 went just fine?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I upgraded my iPad mini, which is basically the same as a iPad 2, and it seems to be working okay, I like how you can now stream movies you own, but where are the movie posters?, and in the control center, no flashlight or calculator? Love iTunes Radio!

Flashlight is there only on iPhone, calc was not there from before.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have just updated to IOS7 but when I have opened camera there is no option to video, can anyone help?

On iPad, there are 3 options on the right side, video, photo and square. On the iPhone, there are 4 options - video, photo, square and pano, all written in orange.

Last edited:

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My only problem is on my IPAD Mini all of my msn, and hotmail accounts have 4,000 + new email notifications that are from old email? How do i get rid of those without trying to go through all of those emails? My IPHonE 5 went just fine?

Remove the accounts and add them back. I am not sure if it will work.

Goodluck! And may the odds be ever in your favor.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tap Edit:

image-434226445.jpg

Mark all

image-593185978.jpg

Mark as read

image-1033188044.jpg

(Mail app)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's great on iPAD 2, but no SiRi, alas, but we knew that already - I downloaded Evi to compensate for that a while back.

It takes a bit of getting used to and you may choose to decrease brightness a bit as there is so much "white", plus opt to bold text under Settings > General > Accessibility, but that was mainly for my bad eyesight.
If you consolidate lots of Apps into folders on the main screen you'll be glad to know that now you can pack a lot more into a folder than before.

Unlimited apps in a folder.

I can't figure out how make a video with this update? Anybody know how?
Thanks

Have done the update and all seems to be working Ok, however, while I can see a video option on the camera I can't get it to work either!

After opening camera, you find 3 options on the right side of the screen on iPad and 4 options on iPhone. Video is the top most one. Slide the list downwards until the dot on the left of the list levels video.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh, and when I double click on the home button to shut down the apps running in the background, I see the apps and the page they have open (a new feature I haven't seen before), but no matter what I do I can't seem to shut them down - they just open instead. Ideas?

Sadly, a feature of iOS 7.

bummpr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really interested in performance issues any of you up-graders have encountered??? There have been reports that some users have lost the great fluid flow of swiping from one menu screen to another...or a stutter as you are typing into the on-screen keyboard...or a delay in popping up an app after you tap it's icon.

I have both an iPad2 and iPad3 which are used extensively every single day and I don't want to impact the great UI experience my wife and I have gotten used to. I did upgrade our 5th gen iPod Touch so I am fully prepared for the IOS7 "shock" many folks have encountered. But I don't think I could adjust to poor performance on a tool I rely on and enjoy every day.

Thanks for your help in making this critical decision.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really interested in performance issues any of you up-graders have encountered??? There have been reports that some users have lost the great fluid flow of swiping from one menu screen to another...or a stutter as you are typing into the on-screen keyboard...or a delay in popping up an app after you tap it's icon. I have both an iPad2 and iPad3 which are used extensively every single day and I don't want to impact the great UI experience my wife and I have gotten used to. I did upgrade our 5th gen iPod Touch so I am fully prepared for the IOS7 "shock" many folks have encountered. But I don't think I could adjust to poor performance on a tool I rely on and enjoy every day. Thanks for your help in making this critical decision.

I'm using a Mini and if anything it's faster in all areas (although I haven't changed my wallpaper yet!!!), I haven't upgraded my iPad 2 yet.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts