What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, no, there is no way to get rid of that '1' it's there until you do update I'm afraid. You will get used to it after a while, well at least I did!

I've been staring at that 1 since long before iOS7 dropped. :) Re. the accidental update, iirc you have to be plugged into an outlet to update; if she's like most people she's not using it while charging so the risk would be minor.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These updates are minor and should be completed. You can expect several more over next 3 weeks or more this is normal regardless what operating system you use....either plug in the iPad, iPod touch or iPhone into a charger or make sure your battery is at least 70% charged.

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, no, there is no way to get rid of that '1' it's there until you do update I'm afraid. You will get used to it after a while, well at least I did!

Unless of course, you're Jailbroken.

after awhile i quit noticing it too. i went almost a year before updating to v.6, JUST because i didnt want to lose the wonderful original utube app! figured all the utube bugs would have been worked out after that length of time. :( sadly no, but the awesome advantages of 6 overruled....... so far from what ive been reading, i, too, will be keeping 6 for now. too many things i love about it have changed with 7. so, the 1 is back again to stay for awhile!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
after awhile i quit noticing it too. i went almost a year before updating to v.6, JUST because i didnt want to lose the wonderful original utube app! figured all the utube bugs would have been worked out after that length of time. :( sadly no, but the awesome advantages of 6 overruled....... so far from what ive been reading, i, too, will be keeping 6 for now. too many things i love about it have changed with 7. so, the 1 is back again to stay for awhile!

Lol.... That ’1' did annoy me at first, now it's just part of the landscape! ;)

I am keeping my iPad 2 on OS 6, I may jailbreak it, well I hope to at some point, that is after the new iPad comes out which I plan to get.

I have upgraded my mini to OS7 and you know I'm getting used to it all and now finding the 2 kinda clunky now.

But it's good to have a foot in both worlds! ;)

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Unless of course, you're Jailbroken.

I did the same when the apple maps replaced google maps on the home screen, I had updated the iPad and when I tried spoke maps, I knew there was s problem, so I avoided updating the phone and gad no problems, the "1" never bothered me

nathan_nathaniel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the past week I have had iOS6 on my phone and iOS7 on my mini iPad. I very definitely prefer 6, and will be sticking with it for the time being. There are several reasons. First, my iPad desktop looks crappy in iOS7, especially the folders. Everything is garrish and the folders are dull grey--why should I change my desktop background to suit Apple? Isn't the whole Apple thing supposed to be more user friendly (I speak as a Mac user for almost 30 years now). Second, I can see almost NO changes which make my iPad use any easier or faster than it was under iOS6. The multiple pages in folders is nice, but that's about it.

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For the past week I have had iOS6 on my phone and iOS7 on my mini iPad. I very definitely prefer 6, and will be sticking with it for the time being. There are several reasons. First, my iPad desktop looks crappy in iOS7, especially the folders. Everything is garrish and the folders are dull grey--why should I change my desktop background to suit Apple? Isn't the whole Apple thing supposed to be more user friendly (I speak as a Mac user for almost 30 years now). Second, I can see almost NO changes which make my iPad use any easier or faster than it was under iOS6. The multiple pages in folders is nice, but that's about it.

It is possible that Apple may make some changes to iOS 7, with the release of the new iPad and Mini IPAD, if they do release newer models in October. Sometimes they do listen to the complaints of their loyal customers. Are you listening Apple. I would like to see a 3D effect for all folders, as an option, not forced. As a seniors user the new folders, even after making changes to bold, etc., are hard to see. Yes I am over 65. However, I do purchase Apple products. Don't forget those with one leg in the grave.

orion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated both iPhone 5 and iPad 2. I love the new look. I'll get used to swiping.

boriken55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my updates still in the update area, the only thing is that appears for open when the update finished.bDoes any one have experienced this issue? I have an iPad 2

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my updates still in the update area, the only thing is that appears for open when the update finished.bDoes any one have experienced this issue? I have an iPad 2

This a feature of iOS 7, it allows you to go back and check the details of the update. They will eventually disappear from your "updates" tab (2 weeks is the time period I have read).

The Archangel

nschmidt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious. After I updated my phone, I lost certain some contacts. The contact information that I lost were the ones that I only had a first name...which was my entire family and well as my business contacts (i.e. Tully's). I'm in the process of identifying and re-entering this information. So my advise to all is not to upgrade until Apple fixes this bug.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've changed to bold but the calendar lines and weekends are still to hard to see. The swipe is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Please Apple just because I'm gray don't make my iPad gray. It's more difficult to use.

Bobbi

asixtiesgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday my laptop shut me out and wouldn't recognise my password. It took all day and some hairy moments to get back in. I discovered I should have made a repair disk at the beginning. I have the passcode lock on my phone for the first time since ios7, is there anything I can do now to make life easier if my passcode is locked even though I know it is right?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday my laptop shut me out and wouldn't recognise my password. It took all day and some hairy moments to get back in. I discovered I should have made a repair disk at the beginning. I have the passcode lock on my phone for the first time since ios7, is there anything I can do now to make life easier if my passcode is locked even though I know it is right?

No. All you can do is remember that pass code.

Should the unthinkable happen and you forget it, you can restore the phone back to factory using iTunes. If you use the iTunes you initially set up the phone with, you can pretty much put it back the way it was. You just need a recent backup.

The key is: make backups! Cannot emphasize this enough - make a plan to regularly backup your iDevice. Then, should anything go wrong, you can get most of your data and settings back.

Note that this applies to iPads, also, not just to phones that the OP mentioned.

Oh, and for iOS 7 - if you go to restore the iOS (or upgrade) and you have "Find My iPhone/iPad" enabled - iTunes will prompt you to enter the AppleID and password you used in initial set-up of the iDevice. This is a security feature that is new to iOS 7.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts