What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7 is now available for download

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just downloaded the IOS 7 on my ipad mini. This is generally a welcome upgrade. However, there is a problem on some of my application. For My Photos, for example, I can access the keyboard to type my password to open the app, however, when the individual locked folders ask for the password, the keyboard fails to open! I tried using an external Bluetooth keyboard, and I can't still my type my passwords!

Read on another site that iOS 7 will cause some of the apps to crash, no wonder, I am having problems with quite a few. My iPad hangs sometimes and takes a lot of time to erect itself.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Had a days work to download and install iOS 7 yesterday. Started right in the morning at 7:30 on both mu devices. Waited for a long time until I read an article on the web about all users having problems downloading. Connected it with iTunes and then got it done. iPad by 6:30 PM and iPhone by 9 PM. Tiresome.

shainala

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my download to work, it only took about half an hour and I love it!!!

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't read all the comments here...but wondering is there a way to shut off the 'password' option everytime I get on my iPad? I need to find a tutorial. I agree it does look a little 'cheap' looking...maybe I just need to get used to it. I was disappointed that all my notes in my note app were lost with this upgrade :-(

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
I didn't read all the comments here...but wondering is there a way to shut off the 'password' option everytime I get on my iPad? I need to find a tutorial. I agree it does look a little 'cheap' looking...maybe I just need to get used to it. I was disappointed that all my notes in my note app were lost with this upgrade :-(

I wonder if this is true for all that upgrade, if so it wil mean that I save all my notes or mail them to myself. If anyone knows please let us know.

Sent from my iPad using 

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My notes are still there. I did a backup before I updated to iOS 7.

Passcode Lock can be turned off in Settings - General - Passcode Lock.

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sometimes getting a box that says 'connection error. The request timed out'. Or something like that...I'm now wishing I waited to download this to get all the feedback. I doubt I can back to the last upgrade.

nschmidt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded iOS 7 on my iPad and have a suggestion. The new calendar has taken, in my opinion, a major step backwards. The old version had a link to all the months in a given year which was great for creating work appointments. The new version I have to scroll through all the months. This is awful! Can they add that feature back please?

Thanks!

torotoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a days work to download and install iOS 7 yesterday. Started right in the morning at 7:30 on both mu devices. Waited for a long time until I read an article on the web about all users having problems downloading. Connected it with iTunes and then got it done. iPad by 6:30 PM and iPhone by 9 PM. Tiresome.

Don't know WHAT to do. Tried to install the update and my iPad is totally locked up. Hating it right now.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Didn't the backup work?
For turning of the passcode,
Settings > general > passcode > enter passcode > turn passcode off.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

scooterdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad3 is running very slowly since upgrading to IOS7. Everything takes longer, looks blah, and that glaring white background is harsh on the eyes. Battery drain? Absolutely! I definitely regret upgrading to IOS7.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad3 is running very slowly since upgrading to IOS7. Everything takes longer, looks blah, and that glaring white background is harsh on the eyes. Battery drain? Absolutely! I definitely regret upgrading to IOS7.

I too found the white a bit too much so I turned down the brightness and it's way better and as an added bonus will help improve battery life.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts