What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 7 draining power on Ipad2

keith.switzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am experiencing extreme power loss since installing ios7, completely drained my battery in 12 hours.
I had several apps running all day but the iPad cover was properly attached and closed.
When ios6 installed and same apps running and cover closed my battery would be down 20%.

Ali9si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to disable app background refresh you find it under settings>general>app background refresh,this should help improving the battery life of your ipad.good luck

OP
K

keith.switzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the"settings>general>app background refresh" it did not make much of a change. My battery is still draining very quickly.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Turn off the auto-wake/sleep smart cover feature and test it out. Reason is that I'm not 100% sure that Apple actually fixed the smart cover bug during the beta phase of iOS 7. It might be the display coming on and off sporadically or possibly something else. I'm testing this out with an iPad from work and as another thread stated, sometimes the wake/sleep smart cover feature doesn't trigger the action, and would take another few attempts before it's actually triggered. I'll test it out a bit more to see if that's the case. If not, I think it's time to restore the iPad cleanly and see if it's just a hiccup

OMcN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having similar problems since the iOS7 installation.
Just last night the battery was at 60%, it was left on standby overnight and it was totally empty this morning.

I have turned off location services, background app refresh and all the other small things that tire out a battery but it's still a big problem. If anyone has any answers I'd be most grateful.

Thanks.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then a restore should be the next on your list. Make sure you backup the device prior to restoring.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just try these.
1. Disable AirDrop if not used.
2. Keep your screen brightness at an optimum intensity.
3. Turn off the wallpaper movement. Steps are given at the end. Its a bit hidden.
4. Turn off background app refresh.
5. Turn off unnecessary notification centre widgets that you do not need.
6. Turn off location services and push notifications of apps that you do not need them for.
7. Turn off Siri raise to speak. (Its already turned iff from before, but in case.....)
8. Turn iff bluetooth and other unnecessary services and switch them on when you need.

HOW TO SWITCH OF PARALLAX EFFECT.
SETTINGS > ACCESSIBILITY > REDUCE MOTION.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts