What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 7.0.4 is out now

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coming down now...bug fixes and improvements.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming down now...bug fixes and improvements.
I noticed that the update is half the size of the one for my iPhone 5S.

image-1242721418.jpg

image-1210314934.jpg

Last edited:
OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting that the iPad update is half the size of the iPhone update. I didn't notice.

This update feels faster to me. Not sure if that is my imagination or not.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did a full reset on all 5 devices after the update ,. I personally have not had much time to evaluate it in saying that I have had batty issues with the iPad 3 however at the same time this could be a corrupt app out of 190 installed causing the issue. This is NOT unusual as not all apps have been upgraded. I had a user show me an refresh issue with safari on an iPhone 5 and a iPad mini yesterday so it will be interesting if this upgrade fixes it. I have not has that problem at all.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting that the iPad update is half the size of the iPhone update. I didn't notice. This update feels faster to me. Not sure if that is my imagination or not.
Not only that, the iPhone 5 update is just over 17MB.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Guys - just updated my iPad 2 & wife's iPad Mini to 7.0.4 - no problems; also did a 'Reset' on both devices, which has been my routine - BUT, I'm wondering if this is really necessary, i.e. these updates seem to go through several boot resets and thinking that a hard reset has already been performed? I'll likely continue to do a 'Reset' after these updates but does anyone w/ some more 'in depth' knowledge of these inner workings of the iOS know if this 'last' step is really needed? Thanks - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, I suspect that a restart is enough, and that the restart you make before the update is more likely to help than the one after. Restarting the OS (which also frees up your RAM) should reduce the chance that something will go wrong during the update, possibly corrupting it.

As for the after update restart/reset. Yep, I'm still doing them. It's a combination of not jinxing something that's working for me and the many reports of people who have problems immediately after an update, and that the problem goes away after a reset. Not exactly hard evidence, anecdotal as it is, but a consistent enough trend to suggest it helps.

That said, I think the minor updates like the last few pose a far smaller risk, and reset/restarts are probably just a placebo. But it's small pill, so I'm going to keep swallowing it. ;)

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to their website it only addresses FaceTime and App store regarding in app purchases for an insufficient authorization issue?

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I felt like the wallpaper has been tweaked a bit...it seems to work a little better, but will never return to how it works in iOS7.

I have never needed a reset after an iOS update. The device restarts while doing the update. Where do these little jewels come from?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see any difference in the wallpaper problem with the update! The only way that SOMETIMES works is to select photo, take a screen shot in portrait mode, go to camera roll, select screen shot and set to wallpaper. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Foxygranny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded the new OS update yesterday. Had the same problem with my sound as last update, no sound. Did a reset, corrected the problem. The next problem was when all I had was a white screen when I turned it on after several times of no problem. Did a reset again, iPad problem fixed but no sound again! Will do a turn off and see if that helps.

ianmedium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did my update last night. Did not reset after as I never have done with previous updates on my old iPad 1.
I can report no. Issues since update. I just checked sound, music via accu radio and the emails notifications, all is working well.

Most reactions

Latest posts