What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Safari Problem

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my iPad 1 under iOS 5 I have begun to have an annoying problem. On this forum, for example, when I go back to an already opened tab and try to tap to open a thread I often actually get the one right above it. Apparently the images on the page load after the topic list and cause an unseen scroll just before the tap activates the open operation.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Is there a way to eliminate this glitch?

Thanks. (Maybe I'll have to start using the IPF app after all!)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be worth trying to close the Safari app completely in the multi-task bar. This seems to fix a whole load of unexplained problems.

Tim

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When making the change of OS with my ipad it took about 2 hours, the the wife's took about an hour, so I decided not to do my iphone until yesterday, I was surprised as it only took 30 min however it game me one error message, I pressed Ok and then continue and it went on to complete the download. Later when checking to see if everything was re-loaded I found that 4 apps were missing and so was my music,but it had installed SIRI on my phone I went back and hooked up to Itunes and clicked on SYNC and re-loaded my missing apps,checked the phone again and I saw that SIRI had been removed. I thought SIRI was only for ipone 4, my is 3Gs.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When making the change of OS with my ipad it took about 2 hours, the the wife's took about an hour, so I decided not to do my iphone until yesterday, I was surprised as it only took 30 min however it game me one error message, I pressed Ok and then continue and it went on to complete the download. Later when checking to see if everything was re-loaded I found that 4 apps were missing and so was my music,but it had installed SIRI on my phone I went back and hooked up to Itunes and clicked on SYNC and re-loaded my missing apps,checked the phone again and I saw that SIRI had been removed. I thought SIRI was only for ipone 4, my is 3Gs.

Siri works only on 4S. iPhone 3Gs lacks the hardware for Siri. What made you think that it had installed Siri?

I upgraded my iPhone 4 without problem, but no Siri, as announced by Apple previously. I have Siri on 4S, but no install was required for it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that is interesting? Let us know how you knew it was Siri. Glitch in the system?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it was Siri, I could not believe it, I was about to try it out when I noticed my apps and music missing from the update. Yes I had it but not for long, I knew it was a mistake because of my model phone.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you know it was Siri?

Because it said so on the screen when I opened it. Black and silver screen with SIRI written all over it.

I also found this today on a website.

Supported devices will be the devices running iOS 5, here’s the list:
  • iPad 1
  • iPad 2
  • iPhone 4
  • iPhone 3GS
  • iPod touch 3G
  • iPod touch 4G
We’re happy to hear that Siri coming to more devices and no jailbreak needed. As you have seen in the answers above, there’s no ETA for the release. There’s still some work to be done before it’s ready. I suggest you get on Google+https://plus.google.com/116899675516151867683/posts or Twitter as we’ll post guides & download links as soon as the method is available.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weird. Siri on iPhone 4S has no Siri label anywhere, except in settings, to turn it on or off. There's not even a Siri app to open. You just hit the home button and a microphone symbol pops up. That's all.

Which site did you cut this info from? You just need to name the site; no link needed, thanks.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in Settings checking my settings after downloading the update when I found SIRI, but like I said when doing another SYNC to get my lost apps back it was gone. The site was called Sydiahelp. Sorry I just got warned about posting a link,I didn't know I did when I copied and pasted.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The website says a non-Apple developer is working on this. I wonder how you would be able to manage on a normal synch, if the developer is still trying to get it to work.

At the end of the post, the writer raises the possibility of piracy to get the needed files.

If you were in Settings, why would the screen be all black and silver, with Siri written all over it?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts