What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Notification Widgets

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried installing a few widgets found in cydia, and I've found they don't work correctly if at all on the iPad. I wonder why the developers seem to be leaving us iPad users out in the cold by not making the widgets compatible.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will find a huge majority of them don't own iPads and are therefore completely ignorant of the changes required to support our devices...

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can understand that, but surely the many developers that make iPad compatible and specific tweaks would want widgets as well. The main ones I personally want for iPad are a weather widget, AppsCenter...it kind of works it seems already but not completely, and OmniStat.

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering why the weather widget works on my iPhone 4s and my ipod touch but not on the ipad 2. Was it not supposed to be an iPad app? is ther one that I can buy from the app store that would work?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad has never had built-in weather or stock apps, so it's not much of a surprise that it doesn't have widgets for non-existent apps...

It remains to be seen if 3rd parties will be able to deliver widgets like those for their apps in the future, but nothing for now :(

Most reactions

Latest posts