What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 = no iTunes?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are some news on the internet which says iOS 5 will offer over the air (WiFi) update without requiring iTune.

Does it mean that finally iPad can work as standalone computer without ever needing to deal with iTunes?

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobi1 said:
There are some news on the internet which says iOS 5 will offer over the air (WiFi) update without requiring iTune.

Does it mean that finally iPad can work as standalone computer without ever needing to deal with iTunes?

I doubt it. With all it's little foibles, I would still prefer to have iTunes for my backups. Can't see Apple allocating us all space for this purpose!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mobi1 said:

You mean the iTunes Cloud (which may or may not be called iCloud......or if you are Roman, iCloudius)? That doesn't sound like no more iTunes, more like a revamped one where (possibly) you won't need to sync with another computer, we will know more after this weekend (at least I think the developer conference is this weekend!! EDIT:eek:k, it's Monday!).......the monetization model for iOS is kind of dependent on iTunes so they would need a whole new model to be able to do away with it.......IMHO!

The Archangel

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts