What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 5.1

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The battery problem from 5.0 and 5.0.1 isn't fixed yet. 5.1 targets pictures and picture management and everything related to it really.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
willerz2 said:
The battery problem from 5.0 and 5.0.1 isn't fixed yet. 5.1 targets pictures and picture management and everything related to it really.

What battery problem, I've been on all three iOS 5.x.x versions and not had any issues?

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What battery problem, I've been on all three iOS 5.x.x versions and not had any issues?

The Archangel

Some users started having battery probs with iOS 5, which 5.0.1 was supposed to fix. Apparently it fixed for some, but not all, and iOS 5.1 is supposed to fix for more users. (Apple description for 5.1 features says, "Addresses bugs affecting battery life.")

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Some users started having battery probs with iOS 5, which 5.0.1 was supposed to fix. Apparently it fixed for some, but not all, and iOS 5.1 is supposed to fix for more users. (Apple description for 5.1 features says, "Addresses bugs affecting battery life.")

I'm guessing that I must be lucky.....I'd better go and pick some lottery numbers!

The Archangel

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing that I must be lucky.....I'd better go and pick some lottery numbers!

The Archangel

Good luck!

I read a while back that the battery issue was going to be a difficult fix, because there were so many variables involved among users. Looks like Apple has been plugging away at it, but that doesn't help for those who've not gotten relief yet.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a slightly higher battery burn on my iPad compared to my iPhone. My iPhone I have data fetching and all on and it's still lasting longer than my iPad.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually since the latest update, I am getting much better battery life on my iPad and iPhone. Usually I never see any difference, but this time I really did. I had my iPad at a seminar this past week, and it barely lost any charge and I was using a BT keyboard with it.

frankjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5.1 is prone to lots of failure. Not with ipad apple apps but with 3rd party ipad apps. many of my 3rd party apps downloaded from the Apple store no longer work correctly. I have 4 ipads and glad I only upgraded 1 to 5.1. To bad there is no go back button. Should have waited several months to update.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frankjg said:
5.1 is prone to lots of failure. Not with ipad apple apps but with 3rd party ipad apps. many of my 3rd party apps downloaded from the Apple store no longer work correctly. I have 4 ipads and glad I only upgraded 1 to 5.1. To bad there is no go back button. Should have waited several months to update.

I haven't had any problems with any apps so far, maybe you could post a list of the apps that you are having issues with so that other members could check them out if they have them.

The Archangel

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with any apps so far, maybe you could post a list of the apps that you are having issues with so that other members could check them out if they have them.

The Archangel

+1
that would be very useful.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded OTA and so far I havent come across any problems.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi + 3G iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts