What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1 Released

ajsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll probably keep my iPad1 in the Version 4 realm and just simply buy the new iPad with the new version...

fats83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sick of this iPad going into sleep mode ever since I upgraded to iOS 5.1. Any advise?

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I question whether to upgrade or not. I have an iPad2 and the current version of ios works just fine, so why upgrade?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I question whether to upgrade or not. I have an iPad2 and the current version of ios works just fine, so why upgrade?

If none of this seems appealing and your iPad works fine, no need to upgrade:

About iOS 5.1 Software Update
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
Redesigned Camera app for iPad
Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
Updated AT&T network indicator
Addresses bugs affecting battery life
Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:*http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222*

For more information on: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, please visit this website: *iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

richard_anthony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to download this update, at least 10 times over the last two days, but it never connects to the server! Very frustrating! Is it worth it?

vaamanan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

If the upgrade doesn't work. Make sure your Anti-virus firewall is disabled while you are connected to itunes and downloading the update.

I had Kaspersky anti-virus installed in my machine and it kept blocking the itunes 5.1 update. I disabled my antivirus for a few minutes until I downloaded the new update from apple and it did the trick.

Let me know if this helped.

Most reactions

Latest posts