What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1 and tv out

Koncept

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Since upgrading to ios 5.1 the tv out feature has not been working on any apps...

I just get the error message "this accessory is not supported by iPad"

I have tried a soft reset but still having the same prob

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Max

imjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AFAIK not all app can be shown out to monitor. Some that works are photos, videos, keynote, good reader (for pdf), etc.
But if what u mean is mirroring, which is showing the whole ipad into monitor, I don't think it works by default on ipad 1.
Some tweaks can do just that (but not under default condition of course). And may be u just lost that tweak after upgrading to 5.1.

Dalal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
imjune said:
AFAIK not all app can be shown out to monitor. Some that works are photos, videos, keynote, good reader (for pdf), etc.
But if what u mean is mirroring, which is showing the whole ipad into monitor, I don't think it works by default on ipad 1.
Some tweaks can do just that (but not under default condition of course). And may be u just lost that tweak after upgrading to 5.1.

What about the battery for IPad 3 IOS 5.1, it taks loooong time to be charged 100% and it drains veeeeeery fast...!?
Any idea why?

OP
K

Koncept

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Im talking about apps that had TV out capability prior to the update but now no longer have it (iPlayer, Goodplayer etc.)

Have Apple decided to stop some apps from having the TV out capability on iPad 1?

Seems ridiculous if this is the case....

Most reactions