What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are on a jail broken earlier version of iOS and have been thinking about an iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak, you only have up until iOS 6 is released to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 and jailbreak.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be clear, this applies to iPad2 and iPad3 owners ;)

iPad1 owners will be able to install IOS 5.1.1 until such time as Apple release a patch (such as 5.1.2), which may in fact never happen. No such patch is planned as far as we know, so iPad1 owners do not have to worry about this deadline as things stand.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've kept putting off going from 5.0.1 onward. Anyone think there is a compelling reason to do it now? I don't, but that could be because I just haven't taken off the blinders for some time.

omacaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've kept putting off going from 5.0.1 onward. Anyone think there is a compelling reason to do it now? I don't, but that could be because I just haven't taken off the blinders for some time.

Idk about features of .0.1 vs .1.1 but I don't see a compelling reason not to. 5.1.1 is fully jail broken, and I assume 6 will be as well shortly after release, given that it already is by the dev team.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem for me is that my only internet access, generally, is through the iPhone, and downloading that upgrade file would be painfully slow, and painfully consuming of my "unlimited" data allowance quantity. That goes double, because I have both the iPad and the iPhone to do. Thanks, however, for the comments.

Most reactions