What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.3 Out Now!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done two iPads today... about twenty minutes each without problems. One of them is synched to a Macbook Pro running Windows XP and one to a Gateway with Windows 7 64bit. Both had the most recent iTunes before the download.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:

LOL. I didn't think it was too shabby!! Must not be peak times, but hey, 35 minutes for both it is, and that included restarting and syncing as well for them both to literally be ready to be used. US Bill's 40 minutes for the two iPads is pretty darn close too. I know I read somewhere on this forum that it had taken someone's iPad update an hour, so I was all prepared to wait it out and then the iPhone sailed through followed by iPad which was faster. I'm guessing it must be because I was doing so at a later hour.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My first impression is that the browser is much faster. The rest of the updates are not really interesting for me.

sarap808

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NumbLock said:
My first impression is that the browser is much faster. The rest of the updates are not really interesting for me.

I agree. Browser on iPad is MUCH faster and having the option to tether my iPhone 4 is great but that's about it for me.

geoffthedad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad took about twenty minutes to complete. I haven't played with safari yet, I use atomic web.

My VZW iphone4 still has no update to the latest update... I am just going to wait for it for now.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
48 minutes later and I'm done. What's different?
I'll di the iPhone over the weekend. That will probably take hours!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do u think this update would speed up other browsers also like atomic web? Don't they all use JavaScript in one form or another?

Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Do u think this update would speed up other browsers also like atomic web? Don't they all use JavaScript in one form or another?

So far only Safari browses faster:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1113041

Other browsers using the same Webkit engine might be able to use the new engine as well with future upgrades.

Joseph liong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine upgraded.but its seem 3G network failure.everytime i go on browser with 3G network,i got this message"Safari cannot open the page because it is connected to the internet"
I dont know what the problem it is.I set my data connection like previous setting before
any suggestion?

Reaction score
Joseph liong said:
I got mine upgraded.but its seem 3G network failure.everytime i go on browser with 3G network,i got this message"Safari cannot open the page because it is connected to the internet"
I dont know what the problem it is.I set my data connection like previous setting before
any suggestion?

Does the symbol in the top left corner indicate that you are connected to a 3G service?

Options you might want to try:
-restarting the iPad by holding down the power button
-reinstall iOS 4.3

Joseph liong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes.I got 3G Symbol on the left corner.Now i can use my browser on my ipad.but if I turn it off and turn it on again,i got this annoying message again.until I set it to airplane mode and then set it off again...

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My updates took a while, for my iPhone and iPad. I still have 3GS phone, makes screen look better!! Trying to hold out for iPhone 5!!!!

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if i update my wifi only JB Ipad, will i end up back in Jail?

Most reactions

Latest posts