What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2.1 Available Now - Yes, Really

slash21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded 4.2, now I'm getting the error message:

"The ipad "MyIpad" cannot be updated at this time because the ipad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable"

Anyone else getting this error? Has the update server totally crashed??!!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any one else having similar issues?

"The ipad "MyIpad" cannot be updated at this time because the ipad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable"

slash21

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Finally working after like 10 tries!!! :D

kriskiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I had already (for lack of a better term) "side loaded" 4.2.1 last week, will it still update to an official release

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well backup completed then went to the finalize stage and locked up and then proceeded to lock up iTunes everytime I plugged it in, hard reset just goes back to the progress bar and locks partway thru. Now restoring....ugh....windows really sucks when it comes to iDevices!!!! I need to get her a mac!!

BS Update! So basically what happened is, MS is still too stupid to allow you to have a C: and everything else on another partition so her c: got completely full by the itunes backup and corrupted it....so everything was lost.....F U MICROSOFT!!! I still have the backup data and I am going to attempt to move it to another drive and then link the user account so it will work....fingers x'd!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is why I hate windows so passionately!! It is a game console and thats it! Useless OS! nothing works if you store everything on the OS drive yet they force you to install everything to the OS drive!!!

My Mac OS Drive is for the OS and apps (which can easily be moved if they need to be!!) everything else is in other places!

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is why I hate windows so passionately!! It is a game console and thats it! Useless OS! nothing works if you store everything on the OS drive yet they force you to install everything to the OS drive!!!

My Mac OS Drive is for the OS and apps (which can easily be moved if they need to be!!) everything else is in other places!

Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu.

Problem solved. :p

Omanlive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking forward to a new features.

But. The flash issue still pending I guess

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu.

Problem solved. :p

I have ubuntu installed on my mac. I've tried to get her to use it and she hated it.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW, its going to be 4.2 and not 4.2.1. The 4.2.1 beta release is out but 4.2 would be launched for public today

I thought you were right, but look:
fa65f4ab.png

naviman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My download raced to 290mb and it said 5 minutes remaining but this has now increased to 26 minutes (and still increasing). So annoying!

Most reactions

Latest posts