What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 3.2.1 WARNING

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the best web site to be informed when these products are ready for 3.2.1?
I am sure the news of the latest version of Spirit will be all over the forums, including this one, about 5 minutes (if that long!) after it is released.

Yup,, and about 5 minutes after latest Sprit comes then the new Opp release will hit us,,, and then we reset the 5 min clock again... Apple ought to put a title to this game and sell it :D

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrrgh, I'm getting so impatient awaiting this new jb. Anyone have any inside info regarding the release? I want my multitasking!!

Jimboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I'll help clear the air for some people who seem a little confused about this whole 3.2.1 warning

If u r jailbroken, do not upgrade ur firmware

If u accidentally did upgrade, but were jailbroken b4 u did it, and saved ur shsh, then u can downgrade via tiny umbrella, or changing ur computers host file

Now, if u r wondering wut a shsh is, In short, it is ur devices specific signature that apple uses to authenticate ur device when u r contacting them via iTunes

If u dnt known if u saved it or not this is how you can tell: when u first got cydia, and opened it, in the upper left hand corner it said"make ur life easier" or something to that effect. If u clicked it, then ur shsh blob was saved.

Or u may have saved it locally via tiny umbrella

Eithier way u would be in the clear

But for those new iPad users who got their machines shIpped with 3.2.1

And

The users who have upgraded without shsh saved, u have to wait until the next jb comes out( there is nooooooo waybaround this) period

Any questions feel free to ask me

Guitar Hero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my ipad today, i am so unlucky my ipad is shipped with 3.2.1. I think i have to wait so long for the next jailbreak.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When is the new Sprit coming? Now that jail breaking is legal, what will change with jail breaking?

Jimboo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be out within the next month at the most

And jailbreaking has NEVER been illegal

Whoever made thAt post fed wrong info

It's simply frowned upon my apple

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully with these new "legal jailbreaks", apple won't feel as much of a need to lock their devices down as tightly. I donate quit frequently to the jailbreak community, but still have to wait fir the jailbreaks in the dark like everyone else out there..

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Hopefully with these new "legal jailbreaks", apple won't feel as much of a need to lock their devices down as tightly. I donate quit frequently to the jailbreak community, but still have to wait fir the jailbreaks in the dark like everyone else out there..

The way jailbreaking works is by finding a flaw or security hole that allows any code to be executed.

Of course apple is going to try their best to clamp down, its a security risk.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
WARNING , the JailbreakMe.com jailbreak still doesn't work on 3G ipads so if you have one you may want to stay on 3.2 until this is fixed.

Daineath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Warning to late for me :eek:

Good job I saved my shsh just downgraded back to 3.2.0 :(

Most reactions

Latest posts