What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 11.1 Out Now

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS 11.1 out now.JPG

AppleInsider reports that iOS 11.1 has today been released to the public following a month of beta testing. Aside from the 70 new emojis introduced in the update, including new food types, animals, and mythical creatures, there are lots of other improvements to expect.

Among the bug fixes featured in the update are a patch for the KRACK Wi-Fi exploit and fixes for various Photos issues, including blurry photos, as well as repairs for Apple Watch data handoff problems, and other problems with inaccuracies in location data provided by third-party GPS accessories.

Improvements featured in the update include various VoiceOver enhancements and better Braille Grade 2 device support.

Not included in the update are Apple Pay Cash and AirPlay 2. And while a fix for the battery drain problems experienced by many is not mentioned in the iOS 11.1 release notes, last week, reports surfaced that beta testers had found that their previous battery drain issues were much improved after downloading iOS 11.1. Hopefully that turns out to be the case for the full official version, but we shall see.

Source: Apple iOS 11.1 now available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with 70 new emoji, other improvements

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to update 11.1 on iPad Pro 9.7, 128GB, but keep getting verification failed because you are not connected to the internet.
I tried

• Closing Settings and swiping out of memory, re-opening Settings.

• Turned on Airplane mode, then turned off, reconnected to wireless.

• Restarted iPad

• Reset network settings

• Rebooted router/modem

• Connected to a different wireless

• Nothing is working.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to update 11.1 on iPad Pro 9.7, 128GB, but keep getting verification failed because you are not connected to the internet.
I tried

• Closing Settings and swiping out of memory, re-opening Settings.

• Turned on Airplane mode, then turned off, reconnected to wireless.

• Restarted iPad

• Reset network settings

• Rebooted router/modem

• Connected to a different wireless

• Nothing is working.
Have you tried doing the update through iTunes on your computer?

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next step. Was hoping for something quicker, but if that’s what I have to do, I’ll do it.
It’s been awhile since I backed up, anyway.

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That did it. On my iPad Pro, it re-downloaded the update, even though it was alread in storage. On my iPad Air, it didn’t re-download.
All I had to do was sign in as the Apple ID on the Air, and it updated just fine, without iTunes having to d/l.
Thanks for the help.
There are a few other issues that came with iOS 10, but I’ll create separate posts for those, if they haven’t already been answered.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That did it. On my iPad Pro, it re-downloaded the update, even though it was alread in storage. On my iPad Air, it didn’t re-download.
All I had to do was sign in as the Apple ID on the Air, and it updated just fine, without iTunes having to d/l.
Thanks for the help.
There are a few other issues that came with iOS 10, but I’ll create separate posts for those, if they haven’t already been answered.
I'm glad your updates finally succeeded. Thanks for letting us know.

Most reactions