What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction - Looking for "industrial strength cases"

jthoma25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a college faculty member & working with some colleagues on a project in which we're going to use iPad2's with children who have autism, hopefully to build communication & social skills & promote engagement with social work & speech therapists. We want to get the most durable cases we can find, because it's (almost) a sure bet that the iPads will get some rough handling.

Any recommendations?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is likely to be the screen. There a number of 'industrial strength' cases out there but, of course, the user still needs to be able to access/touch the screen. You'll see several threads on this Forum where Members have broken iPad2 screens (it seems to particularly affect the iPad2 - I've not seen many/any reports of broken iPad1 screens). I don't know an easy way to protect the screen from the sort of abuse that they might receive from the children. Yes, of course, you can purchase 'screen protectors' but they're mainly to help against inadvertent scratches.

Tim

Lionel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a college faculty member & working with some colleagues on a project in which we're going to use iPad2's with children who have autism, hopefully to build communication & social skills & promote engagement with social work & speech therapists. We want to get the most durable cases we can find, because it's (almost) a sure bet that the iPads will get some rough handling.

Any recommendations?

Hi
Did you managed to find good protective covers?

I saw this Big Grips frame, wonder if there are any other good recommendations.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you google something like "IPad child cases," you'll get a good variety of possibilities. Likewise if you use Amazon's free Windowshop app and search. (I suggest the app because it's much easier to scroll through loads of photos quickly.)

Most reactions