What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet on ipad

bubbles90210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My screen was damaged and I carried it to get repaired. I got it back today, only to discover that I am unable to connect to my wireless network (from my room). However, if I go and stand directly in front of the wireless router it will connect. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bubbles - welcome to the forum! :)

Well, one of the 'unknowns' here is whether the Wi-Fi radio in your iPad is normal, so let's not forget that possibility?

My first two suggestions would be to 'Reset' your iPad - Directions HERE and also 'power recycle' your modem/router - see if this helps. If still having a problem, go to 'Settings' -> 'General' -> 'Reset'; there select 'Reset Network Settings' and then try to re-connect - none of these maneuvers will harm your iPad.

Please post back if helpful or not - good luck!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bubbles90210 said:
My screen was damaged and I carried it to get repaired. I got it back today, only to discover that I am unable to connect to my wireless network (from my room). However, if I go and stand directly in front of the wireless router it will connect. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue?

There is the possibility that the wifi antenna was damaged during the screen replacement, it's very easy to do that.

OP
B

bubbles90210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay... I will try once I return home... Thank you for responding, and I will keep u posted on the results...

OP
B

bubbles90210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I assume that it was damaged, because I tried the methods and nothing happened. But I do thank you!

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Just one little "last resort" suggestion (from my knowledge) Turn off your WiFi router for say 30 seconds and then turn back on. Any improvement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
bubbles90210 said:
Okay... I will try once I return home... Thank you for responding, and I will keep u posted on the results...

As OB & I suggest, did you also 'power recycle' your modem & router, i.e. turn off or unplug both (or one if combined into one device), then sequently 'turn on' the modem, wait a while, then re-power the router - please let us know if that helps; assume from your follow-up post that you have already given this a try? :)

OP
B

bubbles90210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes... I tried them both; turning off the router and turning off the router and the modem... Nothing!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bubbles90210 said:
Yes... I tried them both; turning off the router and turning off the router and the modem... Nothing!

If it still doesn't work, it likely is a damaged wifi antenna, possibly caused by the screen replacement. If true, it would mean a replacement of the wifi antenna.

Most reactions