What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International support wi fi & 3g

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have started this thread to to provide assistance to ipad users out side of USA to resolve any issues they may have in their respective countries in using the ipad. It is important to understand that if you have a problem please provide as much detail that you can so that we can provide the correct answers. We have many members whom have extensive experience on the many issues and we are here to help you. If you are new to the forum please go to introductions http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/ then return with any problem that you may require help with to this area.

Cheers Col.bris Australia :)

Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I do have questions. I've ordered a 3G in Canada. The official provider is Rogers, an affiliate of AT&T. I would want my provider to be Telus with whom I already have a cellphone account. They're also the fastest 3G in the country with the biggest area coverage. I've written them to ask if they had plans for the iPad to which they answered that they do not share information on planning strategy. But ... the person there gave me a link to an article on a possibility of a similar program from Telus to the one offered by Rogers.

My question is this. Can or will Apple prevent this? Is there such a situation in the States? Is such an exclusivity limited by a time clause?

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not the one to answer this one as I am not in North America however In Australia we have not received the latest updates from all the providers as they are waiting for May 28th and I guess to see what the other telco's do. Only Optus and Telstra have provided plans Not sure if that helps but its all I can provide

D

deoknam

can my goodreader app read files like powerpoint,excel, .docx, exe. and file that comes in WINRAR archive. im not good with technical stuff. anyone, help please :confused::eek::confused::eek:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi goodreader can’t read and transfer file in rar format (even ZIP), but he can read all other like .doc .pages .pdf

for excel i am not too sure as i use Office2Pro for read and edit it.

hope that help

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I do have questions. I've ordered a 3G in Canada. The official provider is Rogers, an affiliate of AT&T. I would want my provider to be Telus with whom I already have a cellphone account. They're also the fastest 3G in the country with the biggest area coverage. I've written them to ask if they had plans for the iPad to which they answered that they do not share information on planning strategy. But ... the person there gave me a link to an article on a possibility of a similar program from Telus to the one offered by Rogers.

My question is this. Can or will Apple prevent this? Is there such a situation in the States? Is such an exclusivity limited by a time clause?

Hi iVan in fact Apple have clearly say the device is unlock for worldwide so i believe it’s the same everywhere , yet my 3G have worked with Singtel sim card and yet China Unicom and trouble at all with both … everybody choose the plan and provider he want

it’s like the iPhone factory unlock have many over the world and no complain (only the one play Jailbreak) i have read yesterday Telefonica in Belgium will have sim card and data plan even before the device arrive in Belgium that’s the rule of business first come first serve

D

deoknam

can you suggest a site to buy ipad accessories? since ipad have yet to be launch here in manila,philippines. no shop is selling them even apple center .:(

Sehat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64GB, 3G ipad in Jakarta. I bought a SIM card from the largest carrier here, Telkomsel, and cut it to fit in the iPad. I activated and registered the SIM card to carry data, and got confirmation on this through SMS (while the card was in my mobile). I have the correct APN settings in the iPad, and it gets a great signal. However, it will not connect to the internet! Does this mean I will have to jailbreak, or does this mean I am still a complete novice with Apple devices (since this is my 1st)?
Thanks

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we should start a thread , about APN (3G data) settings by country and how to cut well the sim card …. sooner or later this subject will come back again …

Java888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64GB, 3G ipad in Jakarta. I bought a SIM card from the largest carrier here, Telkomsel, and cut it to fit in the iPad. I activated and registered the SIM card to carry data, and got confirmation on this through SMS (while the card was in my mobile). I have the correct APN settings in the iPad, and it gets a great signal. However, it will not connect to the internet! Does this mean I will have to jailbreak, or does this mean I am still a complete novice with Apple devices (since this is my 1st)?
Thanks

Hi Sehat,

I read your post and I have the same Ipad specs and the same problem. However, I have not cut any sim card yet. May be you/we should go to Semangi Mall as I heard they probably have the largest selection of Ipad accessories and may be someone can assist on set-up the 3G network.

I am using cbn.net for my email and First Media for internet access. Apparently I have problem setting up my email. I called both ISP and they do no know how to set-up email for Ipad.Do you have any suggestions how to set-up my email account with the correct pop and smtp?

At any rate, thanks for reading my post and let me know your findings regarding above.

Terima Kasih Banyak,

Java

Zorban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use one of these 2 settings:

Telkomsel Setting:
Access Point Name : telkomsel
Username : wap
Password : wap123

Or:

Telkomsel

APN: Internet
User ID: wap (or you can leave it blank)
Password: wap123 (or you can leave it blank)

One of them should work.
Also If you cut the card down yourself then make sure the ipad does not report sim not present.
You could insert the sim into a phone to make sure it works with data before cutting/ using it on the ipad.

Sehat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zorban:
Those settings make no difference, I've tried them both, as well as making sure the card works in my phone.

Java:
You set up email through iTunes, but only works for a few providers. See the iPad manual for more info on setting up the email.

All:
I wonder if the iPad needs a GPRS 3G, I think telkomsel is HSDPA, but am not sure. I am going to try IM3 and Indosat sim cards to see if it makes any difference. My iPad gets a great signal, but has no Internet connection, even though my telkomsel sim card is registered for data.

Most reactions

Latest posts