What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Apple pencil trick!

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a Logitech Slim Folio Pro keyboard case for my iPad Pro 11”, and I also have an Apple Pencil.
If you are familiar with the Folio Pro, you will notice they have fitted a slot in the flap that goes over the case when closed that allows you to store your Apple Pencil to avoid losing it.
I usually leave the pencil in the slot and just fold the flap over the back of the screen when using the keyboard. I also have the ‘Today’ view on the home page with the batteries app on show.
The problem was that with the pencil stored in the flap, I couldn’t tell the state of it’s battery, so had to remove it and place it on the edge of the ipad on it’s charging pad.

It was whilst moving it that I noticed, if you are touching the pencil and it’s charge pad at the same time, it will show the pencils battery state in the app. It takes a couple of seconds to register but it’s a lot easier than having to remove the pencil from the slot. I presume it must have something to do with the fact it’s magnetic and must be passing through your fingers!!

I’ve not seen this documented anywhere before, so thought I’d share it here in case any others have the same case and pencil.

UPDATE: I have to hold my hand up to a correction of my description above. I initially thought is was my fingers touching the pencil that got it to read the battery life, however I’ve since discovered it works by purely tilting the screen towards you by a few inches. Fooled me for a while, but having done it a few times this is definitely the way it works.

Last edited:

Most reactions