What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Install apps on ipad ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7assoun21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey excuse because im still a newbie with such things on installing apps on the ipad...now i used to install my apps from the appstore with a username and a password.anyway ive got a dvd that has ipad applications in it..obviously the are .ipa format. so i inserted the DVD, i went into itunes with my ipad connected...i transfered my purchases to avoid losing previously installed apps. I have also put the DVD apps in the library ( by double clicking on them, they are inserted by themselves ).. so when i was syncing my apps i chose what i want ..the thing is that the old ones are installed fine, but the ones from the DVD keeps giving me an error that failed installing the app.... could you please tell me what could this be for ? could it be something missing or could it be a fault from the DVD itself.. another thing is that is there another way for installing those apps from the DVD without losing existing ones ? =D

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hey excuse because im still a newbie with such things on installing apps on the ipad...now i used to install my apps from the appstore with a username and a password.anyway ive got a dvd that has ipad applications in it..obviously the are .ipa format. so i inserted the DVD, i went into itunes with my ipad connected...i transfered my purchases to avoid losing previously installed apps. I have also put the DVD apps in the library ( by double clicking on them, they are inserted by themselves ).. so when i was syncing my apps i chose what i want ..the thing is that the old ones are installed fine, but the ones from the DVD keeps giving me an error that failed installing the app.... could you please tell me what could this be for ? could it be something missing or could it be a fault from the DVD itself.. another thing is that is there another way for installing those apps from the DVD without losing existing ones ? =D

iFunbox will let you install .ipa's to an ipad.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redneck_Randy said:
iFunbox will let you install .ipa's to an ipad.

The only legitimate way to instal apps on your iPad is by going through the AppStore. Using any other method would be a form of piracy, and we don't talk about that here.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Scifan pointed out, obtaining Apps from anywhere but the App Store is piracy, and discussion of piracy is not permitted here.

With that, this thread is now closed!

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions