What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making DVD labels

workshoppete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I wonder can anyone point me in the direction of how i can print off DVD labels on my HP 5015 printer.
I have got the quick office app installed , however when i try to download a template from microsoft office
the page opens but it does not contain any template. Is there a app that will open these .dot formats ? that microsoft provide.
I have always used the pressit program on my windows computer in the past , however i would like to use the ipad now. Surely there must be a app or a way to do this .
Regards

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try opening and saving the template as a standard .doc Office file on the computer first and importing that to Quick Office instead.

Since you have no fine control on how documents print from the iPad, the results may not match the label form when you print. No way to telling advance. You'll just have to try.

OP
W

workshoppete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that twerppoet, unfortunately i have tried that to no avail. Not sure how best to go about it now.maybe trial and error to construct my own individual template. I am amazed that there is not a app available to do this. Will soldier on and post if i find a solution.

All the best

Pete

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if this will work or not, but here is the idea. Assuming you can already print to your printer from your iPad, get Onlive desktop and a drop box account. Move the template into drop box the load it into word on on live. Then see if you can see your printer from inside word in on live....if fact, you can just load up onlive and word, if you can print at all, then it will likely work. Were I at home now, I could test this for you. Just a thought...

Ps...I'm typing this on my Google nexus 10 and this is a struggle compared to using either of my iPads. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Print Labels is getting rather mixed reviews, but might be better than trying to make your own templates.

There are probably other label making/printing apps out there. I just make a quick search for Avery.

OP
W

workshoppete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cannot find "OnLine Desktop in app store . Is it still available for ipad?.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OnLive Desktop

CloudOn is similar.

They both run Windows on a remote server. You'll need a good internet connection to use them.

OP
W

workshoppete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
OnLive Desktop

CloudOn is similar.

They both run Windows on a remote server. You'll need a good internet connection to use them.

That looks interesting . Will give it a try over the weekend .

Thanks

Pete

Most reactions