What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

inspirational quotes

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Life is like a mirror: It'll smile at you if you smile at it. Unknown

Whatever kind of problem you encounter in your life remember that there are positive sides to that. So don't keep your head down. Look up and smile, because life is beautiful. Unknown

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with
a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone
around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die,
you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.

- unknown

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatever kind of problem you encounter in your life remember that there are positive sides to that. So don't keep your head down. Look up and smile, because life is beautiful. Unknown

I would express this differently, but I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I find the human experience awe-inspiring.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't tell the truth any more to those who can't make use of it.
I tell it mostly to myself, because it always changes me.

Anais Nin

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't tell the truth any more to those who can't make use of it.
I tell it mostly to myself, because it always changes me.

Anais Nin

A provocative quote coming from Nin -- she was a major liar. She committed bigamy and kept two lives going on at the same time, lying so much that she had to write down her lies so she wouldn't mix them up, lol. That context is fascinating.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image-2555885891.jpg

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A provocative quote coming from Nin -- she was a major liar. She committed bigamy and kept two lives going on at the same time, lying so much that she had to write down her lies so she wouldn't mix them up, lol. That context is fascinating.

Well she does say she doesn't tell the truth. ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is also from her:

When others asked the truth of me, I was convinced it was not the truth they wanted, but an illusion they could bear to live with.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is also from her:

When others asked the truth of me, I was convinced it was not the truth they wanted, but an illusion they could bear to live with.

If we acted according to practices, we'd all be lying to each other, lol. We'd all be making judgments about what others could live with.

I do that to some extent: I never tell my mom what things really cost, because I'd never hear the end of it, lol. She's a cheapskate who worries even if her kids spend on her.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Real love is not based on romance, candle light dinner and walks along the beach. In fact, love is based on respect, compromise, care and truth. Unknown

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
“A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

There are loads of good quotes from E. Roosevelt. Yours is one of the few that I don't agree with.

Do what you feel in your heart to be right — for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be "damned if you do, and damned if you don't." (Also Eleanor Roosevelt)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are loads of good quotes from E. Roosevelt. Yours is one of the few that I don't agree with.

Do what you feel in your heart to be right — for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be "damned if you do, and damned if you don't." (Also Eleanor Roosevelt)

I agree with you, J.A., her quote speaks to her time.

Most reactions