What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Information sheet template

Rjd137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.christmasonmanhattan.com
Hi everyone, I just received my Ipad for fathers day. yeah for me. I'm trying to learn how to do something but I'm not sure what i even need to do it. so i will explain. I am a wedding DJ. I have a sheet of paper we call our wedding information sheet which a bride fills out, which lists all the formalities of there day from beginning to end. I want to be able to .. for a lack of better words scan this sheet in to my Ipad and open it as a template. so i can edit it or move things with in the sheet around as she the bride or he the groom changes things. ...as they all do. heres an easy exp. i line up the bridal party to be introduced into the room. I'm reading the names off the list on my Ipad and the bride says no i changed that couple,,, now Mary is coming in with ed. so I'm thinking i put my finger on Mary's name and drag it to the new spot next to eds name and its done. can someone tell me how i do this and what i need to be able to do this. thanks so much every one.
Ralph

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to get the app Pages. they got a bunch of templates there and Im sure you'll find one that suites ur needs the best. The app is $9.99 but well worth it.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pages would be the best. To use a data base like FileMaker Pro would be over kill. Another thought would be to use Numbers and make a simple spread sheet

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

OP
Rjd137

Rjd137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Thanks guys. but after reading the pages info. it seems to me i might need a template maker. pages does pages, and with in a pages id like to be able to move boxes around and put them in different places when needed. any ideas.

darklion99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It occurs to me this may be a job suited for a task manager. Enter the wedding guests/party as separate tasks in the task manager, then move them around as needed. There are a ton of task managers in iTunes App Store, including many free ones. Does anyone know of a task manager that allows simple reordering using gestures?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
GoodReader is the answer, as it so often is. Or at least a good answer, if not always the optimum.

Go ahead and scan/print/whatever your template so that it is a PDF file. Import it into GoodReader using one of the many methods.

Once in GoodReader you can open it to annotate. Just tap and hold on the pdf until the annotation menu pops up. When you make the fist annotation it will offer to make a copy (instead of adding to the original), so with care you can use the same file over and over.

One of the annotation types is text. You can enter the text in several colors, sizes, and with or without boarders. This text can be edited and drug (repeatedly) to any part of the the PDF. When the time comes you can export the PDF back to the computer for printing, or even print straight from the iPad if you've got that set up.

Other PDF annotation apps will probably work too, but I'm familiar with GoodReader. Besides, it has lots of import/export options and file organization that will probably come in handy.

OP
Rjd137

Rjd137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Wow, thanks so much I will give it a shot. Ive now bought quick office pro hd...didnt wowrk, pages....didnt work. wish i waited to here from you. i will buy these and them a shot. man you guys are all so nice.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thanks so much I will give it a shot. Ive now bought quick office pro hd...didnt wowrk, pages....didnt work. wish i waited to here from you. i will buy these and them a shot. man you guys are all so nice.

If you purchase an app that doesn't work or is unsuitable you can get a refund as a credit to your iTunes account by calling the Apple Support line with the transaction reference number that's on your iTunes invoice for these items.

Tim

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I would suggest mind maps apps, there are a few that are free in the app store. From your form, you can create quickly a mind map for the guests, and rearrange by dragging, adding or removing the nodes. Of course, if there are 300 people's, that could be a painful process.

The way I see it, each node can have it's own color, meaning that your could categorized the guests using a few colors, giving you a visual clue about the relation with the bride and groom.

If I'm not mistaken, often, a desktop version is available so you can prepare your templates and and files on the desktop, and import them into your iPad when the D day is there.

Are you planning to use your iPad as your playlist selection for music? That you be quite handy as your new toy could do both.

My 2 cents

VicoPad addict!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would suggest mind maps apps, there are a few that are free in the app store. . .

That was my first though. I like Popplets. It is about as simple as you can get for slapping down notes and dragging them here and there. It was the part about having a scanned template that stumped me.

I almost always fall back on GoodReader when stumped for the perfect app.

@Rjd137 - there is a lite version of Popplet if you wanted to play around with that as well.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
twerppoet said:
That was my first though. I like Popplets. It is about as simple as you can get for slapping down notes and dragging them here and there. It was the part about having a scanned template that stumped me.

I almost always fall back on GoodReader when stumped for the perfect app.

@Rjd137 - there is a lite version of Popplet if you wanted to play around with that as well.

Hi twerppoet,

I gave also a thought about the scanning part, but whatever is selected as the solution, he will have to import a PDF/image from the document. As he stated, he wants to be able to edit on the fly the content of that document. Maybe with annotation that would work... Is GoodReader able to do that? Then all he needs is a stylus for quick highlighting...

VicoPad addict!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I've looked in the app store, and there are a few wedding planner apps available, maybe the solution would be there... Instead of having the bride fill out a paper form, she could do it using a web form or directly on your iPad...

VicoPad addict!

OP
Rjd137

Rjd137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
drhouse is there anyway you could send me the link to the app you are talking about. I cant seem to find it. that does sound like a great app to use.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Rjd137 said:
drhouse is there anyway you could send me the link to the app you are talking about. I cant seem to find it. that does sound like a great app to use.

I just searched for wedding planner, and the name was iwedplanner. There are others, so have a good look at descriptions and comments

VicoPad addict!

OP
Rjd137

Rjd137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
DrHouse said:
I just searched for wedding planner, and the name was iwedplanner. There are others, so have a good look at descriptions and comments

VicoPad addict!

Morning! Thanks for your help. I have an idea and since your a master I'll pass it by you. I do have an on line form my clients fill out. I can bring that form into my iPad......but I need to had that form able to be edited on the fly the day of for any last min changes, which happens a lot. I made an excel sheet that allows me to edit and somewhat with a lot of effort move things around. Deff is not something for use on the fly. It takes time to move anything on the form. A lot of cutting and pesting has to happen. And I really want it to be touch hilight the text box and move it to were it has to be moved. so I'm still looking for the right program or options that will allow me to highlight a text box and move the box to a different place by just dragging it. As far as my online sheet goes. The reason I just wont use it is I can't edit it and I have to be able to at the event. So I guess I will have to learn on my pc how to bring my online form into excel then merge it line by line to my excel form I made for my self. Thought ideas comments.

Most reactions

Latest posts