What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inactive Ipad, but I know password - Help!

Imura7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad became inactive because the wrong password was entered 6 times by a child. Is there a way to use Itunes or any other software to just unlock it? I don't want to loose everything I have saved there...

I Did do a backup with itunes but it is apparently not seeing it, because it just says "itunes cannot conect because ipad is locked with a password. Is there any other option other than force a restore? Forcing it will be tough for me because my home button is pretty much broken/stuck. And still, even if I manage it, doesn't it mean I will loose everything as itunes seems to not recognize the past synch/backup?

Can anyone shed some light please. I am desperate as that pc is borrowed and I will have to return it in two days.

Thanks in advance!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to take it to an Apple Store and get them to figure it out. Every time I start thinking about possible solutions, I come back to the state of the home button. That WOULD be worth getting repaired. Unless you have set up the software home button in advance, it's pretty difficult to operate an iDevice without it.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a tough one. Was the iPad backed up through iCloud ? If not I'm not sure there's much you can do about saving what's on there. In regards to the home button , is it stuck as in " some gooey stuff got in there " or stuck as in " if broke off in inside the iPad "?

Most reactions

Latest posts