What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inaccurate Time

tfisher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is the time so far off (usually about five minutes) when I set Time to automatic?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad displays actual time. Your reference is wrong.
:) :)

Purple is asking you what source you use for 'actual time'. Why is it more accurate than the iPad time display?

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found a site to sync the iPad to the world clock? I haven't found one that works with Pad yet

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
iPad time is correct for me and I have it set to auto.

Your referance time may be off. I'm checking my iPad with an atomic watch that is syncronized via WWVB Atomic Clock time signal transmitted from Colorado. So I know my referance watch is exact.

OP
T

tfisher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. I seem to have a problem. My reference time is the US Atomic clock (as well as my cell phone and cable TV signal - all of which are in sync). My iPad consistently gives a time reading about five minutes ahead of the all the others. I wonder what I can do about it?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it really matter?? You don't have a watch or cell phone? Or do you just need them all to change at exactly the same time or you can't leave your home?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tfisher, I've looked around other forums and have found quite a few examples of the same complaint, but no solution. Closest thing to an explanation is speculation that some iPads go out of sync with the network time signal when off or asleep.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anything new on this incorrect time issue?

I have watches that get a signal each night, cable tv, desktop computers, even a Sony Dash that are all the same time.

The iPad is 3 minutes faster than all of them.

I even shut down the iPad and re-started it, then connected it to itunes thinking that might fix the time error but no it doesn't.

I don't remember the time being wrong before today either.

Time is set to set automatically.

Not a big thing but wondering.

boaterbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 'auto' time is off by about 3 minutes also - 16GB Wi-Fi. I use to go to setting and adjust the time but now I just leave it as is and figure- it's close enough - at least for me.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is 5 mins faster than my Verizon cell phone....why in settings in time zones the only option is Columbia ?

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did't think smart as* answers were welcome here. You help nobody and look like an arrogant j**k.

Most reactions

Latest posts