What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

in app volume problem

kingsblend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 just started not having volume while in apps or games. has this happened to anyone before? is there a way to fix this? thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you've accidently turned on mute. While this is not supposed to affect games or music, developers often miscode things so that it does. The mute is either assigned to the slide switch next to the volume rocker, or the controls in the multitask bar ((double tap the Home button then slide the bar left). It is the opposite of whatever you set the rotation lock for in the settings app.

This link may help you understand. iPad: Understanding the side switch

specicg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure your rocker switch above the volume buttons isn't off. I had the same problem and that fixed it. Good luck

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've experienced this. What fixed it for me was to change the side switch from Lock Rotation to Mute, then change it back. The sound then returned.

Most reactions

Latest posts