What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Volume rocker gone rogue!

Reaction score
For some reason does my volume rocker misbehave. It works fine for a while, but at some point it won't turn up the volume anymore, only down, so the iPad ends up being muted. The volume icon still shows in the center of the screen when pressing the up button, but had no effect.

This has occurred multiple times with restarts in-between.

Has anyone else come across this issue? Might it be an iOS fault, or a broken volume button?
iPad 2 4.3.1.

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but I cannot add images when editing a post.

Anyway, for some reason does the volume disappear completely, as shown below where the ball indicating system volume is gone.

Attachments

• image-2667425534.png
    image-2667425534.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 287
OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
Found the solution.

The sound was getting transmitted via the HDMI cable to a screen whose speakers where turned off. The OS somehow overrides AirPlay and just sends the audio via HDMI, unless changed back every time the HDMI cable is connected.

Most reactions