What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMovie file transfer

TJMay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, iMovie is installed and working fine.

And, I've created my first movie (after a huge learning curve) that is finally like I want it.

But, it is apparently too big to email from my iPad when I select Share via email and when I select Send to iTunes, I am told that there is not enough memory to transfer to iTunes and that I need 7750 more MB of memory.

Any suggestions?

Tommy

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this is what I did with a 14GB (!) movie file on my iPhone (on iOS 5) to get it over to my PC - so I'm not sure if it'll work for you on the iPad, but...

Hook the iPad up to the computer. Then, on the computer, via Windows Explorer, I went to the pictures file on the iPad (Computer\Mickey’s iPad\Internal Storage\DCIM). When I double-clicked on the DCIM folder, the movie was in there and I was able to copy it over to my PC. From there, I was able to go to iTunes and "Add file to library" <--if that's what you want to do. Or, you can do whatever with the file, once it's on you comuter...

Took about 2 hours to transfer that big ole file over - but I had no troubles. Hopefully, this process will work the same for you? Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
T

TJMay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, this is what I did with a 14GB (!) movie file on my iPhone (on iOS 5) to get it over to my PC - so I'm not sure if it'll work for you on the iPad, but...

Hook the iPad up to the computer. Then, on the computer, via Windows Explorer, I went to the pictures file on the iPad (Computer\Mickey’s iPad\Internal Storage\DCIM). When I double-clicked on the DCIM folder, the movie was in there and I was able to copy it over to my PC. From there, I was able to go to iTunes and "Add file to library" <--if that's what you want to do. Or, you can do whatever with the file, once it's on you comuter...

Took about 2 hours to transfer that big ole file over - but I had no troubles. Hopefully, this process will work the same for you? Good luck.

Marilyn

That did it!

Thanks......

I love this place.

Tommy

Most reactions

Latest posts