What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imessage

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do I find out my iPad's iMessage number? I wanna talk to my friend on her iPod.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPads you email address for iMessage. Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive. You will be able to see and and what addresses are available.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One is mostly correct. If you have both an iPhone and iPad signed into the same iCloud account you can send and receive at your iPhone's number, but otherwise you have to use your email address. By default your Apple ID is the only address configured to receive iMessages on an iPad otherwise. If you go to Settings > iMessage and tap Receive At.. you can see a list of Address(es) and (if you have an iPhone using the same iCloud account) phone number your iPad can receive messages at. Only addresses with a check mark by them can actually receive messages on the device.

Most reactions