What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

Samana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Street view from my brother's window:

image.jpg

Sorry about weird angle. :(

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A red bellied woodpecker I saw in a local park today.

image-502908298.jpg

And another frog photo. I'm seeing all kinds of frogs lately.

image-1435405101.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On research trip this Skate was found. It's a large bottom fish. I'm awed by it's face. This was near Ushagat island, Alaska.

This is what Skate looks like.

View attachment 43998

Hi Iriana - I've actually eaten Skate 3-4 times - mild thin piece of fish, a little more chewy than flounder - quite tasty if fresh & prepared well - NOW, the face of this animal (nor its body form) will not prevent me from ordering it again if on the menu! Another UGLY fish that is also quite tasty is a monkfish - just the tail is eaten and claimed to be a 'poor man's lobster' - also very good if done well - Dave :)

monkfish540.jpg

OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Iriana - I've actually eaten Skate 3-4 times - mild thin piece of fish, a little more chewy than flounder - quite tasty if fresh & prepared well - NOW, the face of this animal (nor its body form) will not prevent me from ordering it again if on the menu! Another UGLY fish that is also quite tasty is a monkfish - just the tail is eaten and claimed to be a 'poor man's lobster' - also very good if done well - Dave :)

View attachment 44012

That's an amazing picture. It's mouth is HUGE and look at those teeth.

So, it's good eating. That's interesting to know.:)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember a nice post recently by skimonkey in the "What I see in my back yard" thread with a picture taken at the "Alma Mater".
Here's the link: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?p=955272#post955272
This got me hankering to take my new camera for a walk among my Alma Mater of quite some years ago, the University of Adelaide.
It was a lovely day of 18c so I took a walk through my old uni grounds, and would like to share some snaps with you in this thread.
unujanu4.jpg

The Adelaide uni is the second oldest in Australia and one of the most prestigious in the Southern Hemisphere.

ru8uqu4e.jpg

It has some lovely architecture, a joy to walk among and admire.

6eguvu7y.jpg

They don't build 'em like this any more.

aqanequm.jpg

It caters for students from all over the world in well-recognised degrees.

uje7a6yj.jpg

Here is the building where I got my BEc degree. Fond memories of nodding off during lectures in the large steep auditoriums.

8e2uhe5e.jpg

One of many of my great Professors was Prof. Harcourt, a brilliant economist whose text books are still used throughout the world. But a cruel man:). He would wait until the last lecture before lunch in his microeconomics classes and then constantly use beer and juicy steaks etc in his pricing at the margin examples. Fond memories!

zury8a5e.jpg

Doors to the original assembly hall. Many a nervous exam was sat in there;) A distinct memory still; when one of the exam candidates, at the desk next to mine, had had enough, crunched up his exam papers and set fire to it all. Memories. oh, yes.

ejymamyg.jpg

That building is (or was) the Psychology building. In my degree I had to take one "humanities" subject and I chose psychology. Loved it! and was gobsmacked to be told when summoned to Prof. Dalziel's office that I was the first non-psych student to come top of Psych1. Yes...fond memories.
3yzusyve.jpg

A quiet spot on the campus grounds.

se9a2e6e.jpg

Anyway, among many other snaps, that was my walk through my old Alma Mater.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wonderful photos OB!

A very lovely walk down memory lane.

Nice for me to also see it as my niece goes to that Uni now!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice photos of your old school, OB! What is your new camera (sorry if you answered this already - I went back several pages and could not see it)?

Most reactions

Latest posts