What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
7596F7FB-9CC6-48F3-A93B-CAFA955BC88C.jpeg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Earthquakes Where I Live - :eek:

In the last week or so, we've had a half dozen 'minor' earthquakes in the Winston-Salem area - map below shows a cluster of balloons (Source) in my town - now these were only 2.4 or less in magnitude on the Richter Scale (2nd pic - Source) which means usually not even felt, which was my reaction, i.e. nothing - remember that this is a log scale, so going from 2 to 5 is 1000 times the intensity (e.g. the quake that hit the Sparta area a year ago was 5.1 magnitude and caused minor damage).

NOW, the most active quake area in the 'eastern' USA is in the mid-Mississippi Valley, and the most famous event occurred in 1811-12 around New Madrid, Missouri - there was no scale back then but the magnitude is estimated to have been 10x that of the San Francisco earthquake of 1906 (Source), so I'd suspect 8 or greater on the Richter scale - I even have a book on my iPad (HERE) read a while back when the Mississippi River ran BACKWARDS! Dave :)

W-S_Earthquakes1.png
W-S_Earthquakes2.jpg

W-S_Earthquakes3.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts