What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I was on the Mac-Forums last night and a thread was side-tracked to the topic of how fast one could type on the old style typewriters (I took typing in HS in 1962 on a non-electric machine) - this lead to a bunch of posts w/ some funny pictures (I may have started the WHOLE thing? ;)) - some shown below for amusement purposes - Dave :)
typescreen-ipad.jpg
ipad-typewriter.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 1.00.17 PM.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glossy Ibis taken two weeks ago in the Viera Wetlands.

The Viera Wetlands (Rich Grissom Memorial Wetlands at Viera) is actually the outfall of the wastewater treatment plant. The wastewater is treated until it is clean enough to drink, and then instead of flushing it out so sea like so many communities used to do, they flood a huge tract of land where it can percolate back into the aquifer. The fish, birds, amphibians and reptiles love it. Brevard County Natural Resources - Viera Wetlands

I've been trying for years to get a decent close up of a Glossy Ibis. They are very nervous birds when approached by humans and take flight quickly. They also move around a lot so the "hide and wait" tactic doesn't really work for me.

But hang around wildlife areas long enough, and sooner or later you may get lucky. I got lucky.

The picture doesn't show off the iridescence in the wings enough, but it's a good portrait of the bird.

! Glossy Ibis.jpg

Glossy Ibis

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

The Viera Wetlands (Rich Grissom Memorial Wetlands at Viera) is actually the outfall of the wastewater treatment plant. The wastewater is treated until it is clean enough to drink, and then instead of flushing it out so sea like so many communities used to do, they flood a huge tract of land where it can percolate back into the aquifer. The fish, birds, amphibians and reptiles love it. Brevard County Natural Resources - Viera Wetlands

I've been trying for years to get a decent close up of a Glossy Ibis. They are very nervous birds when approached by humans and take flight quickly. They also move around a lot so the "hide and wait" tactic doesn't really work for me.

But hang around wildlife areas long enough, and sooner or later you may get lucky. I got lucky.

The picture doesn't show off the iridescence in the wings enough, but it's a good portrait of the bird.

View attachment 70198

Glossy Ibis
All that waiting was worth it.:)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

The Viera Wetlands (Rich Grissom Memorial Wetlands at Viera) is actually the outfall of the wastewater treatment plant. The wastewater is treated until it is clean enough to drink, and then instead of flushing it out so sea like so many communities used to do, they flood a huge tract of land where it can percolate back into the aquifer. The fish, birds, amphibians and reptiles love it. Brevard County Natural Resources - Viera Wetlands..............................

Hi Bob - that is a beautiful bird - we've been to the Cape several times (day trips from Orlando, probably medical meetings there?) but did not visit the Viera Wetlands - maybe next year our FL trip will be on the east coast, so will remember that location - would love to return to the Cape, always enjoy the tours. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not one of my usual sunset photos. I was busy until 4 PM today, and when I came home, I was too tired to visit "my" typical place for sunsets. I looked out my living room window (eastwards), and that's what I found:
View attachment 70224
You certainly had some very nice lighting effects in the clouds. These views are so fleeting that a few minutes can mean the difference between spectacular and so-so.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not one of my usual sunset photos. I was busy until 4 PM today, and when I came home, I was too tired to visit "my" typical place for sunsets. I looked out my living room window (eastwards), and that's what I found:
View attachment 70224
You got the sunset anyway Johanna - in the windows of the house across the street. Great shot:)
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You got the sunset anyway Johanna - in the windows of the house across the street. Great shot:)
Andrew
Thank you! :)
You're the first one to notice that.
Actually, these windows make it look better than it was in reality. Most of the sky was grey, and just a few spots were "kissed" by the setting sun.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, a few years back, one of my former radiology residents left some walnut (he was learning woodworking and we did a few projects) behind in my workshop, so I said let's split the 'small' pile and I'll make you a spice rack - results just done and shown below - walnut w/ a birch plywood back (my little brand @ the bottom, i.e. Handcrafted by Doctor Dave) and birch dowels - used finger joints - made a similar one for our kitchen from oak years ago, but the joinery is less attractive - NOW, I may have to do another after Susan saw the walnut one - :) Dave

P.S. sorry but the pics don't do the finish justice - :(
SpiceRack1.JPG
SpiceRack2.JPG
SpiceRack3.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, a few years back, one of my former radiology residents left some walnut (he was learning woodworking and we did a few projects) behind in my workshop, so I said let's split the 'small' pile and I'll make you a spice rack - results just done and shown below - walnut w/ a birch plywood back (my little brand @ the bottom, i.e. Handcrafted by Doctor Dave) and birch dowels - used finger joints - made a similar one for our kitchen from oak years ago, but the joinery is less attractive - NOW, I may have to do another after Susan saw the walnut one - :) Dave

P.S. sorry but the pics don't do the finish justice - :(
View attachment 70232 View attachment 70233 View attachment 70234
The workmanship is very good. I expect you'll soon be busy making Susan one.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts