What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never got to fly the Concorde. I sure would have liked to though.

Here are some "Mug Shots"

F&F_1a.jpg

AOL_1a.jpg

Fresca_4a.jpg

Doing some spring cleaning - putting them up on an auction site, and thought the mug shot pun was too good to pass so here they are ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember it too, though I never drank any. I wasn't a diet soft drink kind of person.

They still sell it, although the ingredients and the label have changed. I think they still sell Tab as well.

We got those IMHO ugly mugs in the first picture almost 40 years ago as a gift. Not our taste in China. I'm sure others think they are beautiful, and they have a right to their opinion (even if it's wrong <wink/grin>)

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
<...snip...>
Here's a much shorter spiral staircase, located in the Covent Garden Apple Store.
View attachment 65230

When I was in high school, they built a new school at a rival. They put in a glass staircase and for about 2 days after they opened the school, the boys discovered that if they stood under the staircase, they could get some exciting views of the girls (who were required to wear skirts or dresses back then).

The school caught on, barricades went up, and the stairs got carpeted.

I wonder what the architect wasn't thinking. ;)

Bob

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I was in high school, they built a new school at a rival. They put in a glass staircase and for about 2 days after they opened the school, the boys discovered that if they stood under the staircase, they could get some exciting views of the girls (who were required to wear skirts or dresses back then).

The school caught on, barricades went up, and the stairs got carpeted.

I wonder what the architect wasn't thinking. ;)

Bob
Apple was thinking, the steps and glass floor are heavily frosted, preventing that from happening.

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Building in Kutna Hora, a little town in The Czech Republic - I found this while I was semi-lost, looking for a cathedral:

We tend to wander off the normal tourist routes. I think we are more travelers than tourists. Getting away from the tourist routes allows you to discover the real place you are visiting and meet real people instead of vendors trying to make their living from the tours.

Not that there is anything wrong with catering to the tourists. As a musician in Florida I work in the hospitality industry and try my best to let the tourists have a nice experience while visiting us. It pays my mortgage and I hope they get good value for their dollars.

So instead of taking the bus to our destination, we walked and walked with the help of a map (and not the GPS). We got into one side street after another, zig-zagging to eventually approach our destination from the rear.

We saw a lot of interesting things, including this:

P1000583a.jpg

And the delightful surprise was found when I got to the corner of the block.

P1000581b.jpg

Bob

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few photos, taken with my iPhone recently

Wörthenlacke
image.jpg

The moon, rising, taken between 1 and 2 am
image.jpg

It's that light above/next to the tree.

Our school was in Marz today, we've spent a few hours there.
image.jpg

And from today's bike ride
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Been on an 'overnight' to Greensboro - toured the Blandwood Mansion former residence of a local politician and a North Carolina governor, John Motley Morehead (in the 1840s when the town was simply a country village w/ dirt roads); then stayed at the Proximity Hotel and ate dinner at their Print Works Bistro.

This morning did some shopping in Friendly Shopping Center, including a visit to the wonderfully smelling Savory Spice Shop - took a shopping list to 'replace' a bunch of our herbs & spices (and add a few new ones) - came home w/ about 18 items, shown below - labels hard to read, so the ones we bought are quoted below - we can't wait to start using them! Dave :)

Baharat (middle Eastern spice blend)
Bohemian forest European seasoning
Cayenne pepper
Chives
Cracked rosemary
French tarragon
Frency thyme
Ground Grenada nutmeg
Ground Peruvian ginger
Herbes de Provence x 2
Italian herbs
Minced garlic
Sweet Mama’s BBQ chicken rub
Toasted white sesame seeds
Turkish & California bay leaves
Yellow mustard powder

25-store.jpg
IMG_3202.JPG

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh, I feel intimidated now, here goes. Another painting, I never got to finish. I was working on it when a car smashed my car.
image.jpg
Yes, it is also my new avatar. Kind of weak I know. It's all I got done! WAAA
Actually that little WAAA made me LOL! YAY!!

Most reactions

Latest posts