What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Male Anhinga and large chick. The chicks eventually demand so much from the parents that the parents abandon them. But as nature has it, it's about that time when the chicks are able to forage themselves.
P1010087 small.jpg

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't know anhingas made it that far north, Dave. I did know the great egrets do, I've seen them in Maine.

The lagoon condo looks like a nice vacation spot.

Robert, the bridge pictures are nice, and I especially liked the details like the Bison, Lion and Queen reliefs.

I don't know what kind of butterfly it is, but it crawled out of its chrysalis on one of our acerola cherry bushes. After it's wings dried, it flew away.

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm sorry BobbyB, you are exactly right! I remember that happening and THOUGHT I had corrected it! I have long fingers but fat finder ads I guess! :rolleyes: I usually make at least one of those mistakes a visit!o_O. I am so thankful you told me! Now I just have to find the right post! :eek: There are a lot! I will start looking immediately! Thank you again for pointing that out! Gosh, you sounded so much like Johanna I thought I had done it to her!:) She knows better. And so did you!:cool: Thanks, really! If I ever do that to anyone I will ALWAYS want to know!:) I'm really sorry now because I CAN'T FIND IT!!!:eek::rolleyes::oops:o_O Perhaps you could give me the number in which thread I did that dastardly mistake? Thanks! Diane.

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry BobbyB, you are exactly right! I remember that happening and THOUGHT I had corrected it! I have long fingers but fat finder ads I guess! :rolleyes: I usually make at least one of those mistakes a visit!o_O. I am so thankful you told me! Now I just have to find the right post! :eek: There are a lot! I will start looking immediately! Thank you again for pointing that out! Gosh, you sounded so much like Johanna I thought I had done it to her!:) She knows better. And so did you!:cool: Thanks, really! If I ever do that to anyone I will ALWAYS want to know!:) I'm really sorry now because I CAN'T FIND IT!!!:eek::rolleyes::oops:o_O Perhaps you could give me the number in which thread I did that dastardly mistake? Thanks! Diane.

Hi Diane,

You must have found it because #5061 has been changed from dislike to winner. Thank you very much.

Although I just 'met' you, I didn't think you would deliberately do that -- especially to such a bland post.

BTW, I did the same thing to Johanna a couple of days ago myself. It's very easy to do. I was pretty embarrassed about that. I'm not the kind of person to click dislike even if I don't dislike something (I'd rather just ignore).

Thanks again.

Bob

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice bridge. :)
Is there a story behind the reliefs on the fourth and sixth picture?
The 4th picture is a relief panel of the head of a Bison, a very common animal on the prairies before European settlers killed most of them in the 19th century. The 6th picture is the crest of the Province of Saskatchewan. The Rampant lion is from British heraldry and has royal assiciations. You'll find the same lions on the Royal Standard, which flies over the Queen's palaces when she's in residence. The three wheat sheaves represent the importance agriculture has to Saskatchewan.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 4th picture is a relief panel of the head of a Bison, a very common animal on the prairies before European settlers killed most of them in the 19th century. The 6th picture is the crest of the Province of Saskatchewan. The Rampant lion is from British heraldry and has royal assiciations. You'll find the same lions on the Royal Standard, which flies over the Queen's palaces when she's in residence. The three wheat sheaves represent the importance agriculture has to Saskatchewan.
Interesting! Thank you for the information!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know anhingas made it that far north, Dave. I did know the great egrets do, I've seen them in Maine.

The lagoon condo looks like a nice vacation spot.

Robert, the bridge pictures are nice, and I especially liked the details like the Bison, Lion and Queen reliefs.

I don't know what kind of butterfly it is, but it crawled out of its chrysalis on one of our acerola cherry bushes. After it's wings dried, it flew away.

View attachment 64761

View attachment 64762
I've found your butterfly. It's a Black Swallowtail male
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

BobbyBoomer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 4th picture is a relief panel of the head of a Bison, <...snip...> The three wheat sheaves represent the importance agriculture has to Saskatchewan.

Thanks, that was interesting.

We saw a 'wild' herd of bison when we toured the Badlands area of the US. It's always nice to see animals in their natural habitat. (I don't go to zoos because I feel sorry for the animals.)

I've found your butterfly. It's a Black Swallowtail maleView attachment 64773View attachment 64774View attachment 64775

Thanks again. The pictures didn't come through on my computer, but I looked it up and sure enough, that's what it is. I don't see this species often, but in the spring/summer I see zebra longwings, giant swallowtails, gulf fritillary, queen, sulphur, peacock and white plus a few others I haven't identified yet. The problem is, they don't stay still long enough to identify ;)

Bob

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nice bridge. :)
Is there a story behind the reliefs on the fourth and sixth picture?
o_O Good questions Johanna! I got 1/3 answers wrong!
@squib
Nice avatar, Diane! :)
Thanks Johanna. Didn't you notice that yours and mine just showed up as a blue square in a white box? Or did that only happen on my iPad? W
These pictures were taken with my iPhone. The last one is cropped, they're not enhanced. Today's sunset
View attachment 64763
View attachment 64764
View attachment 64765
Johanna, you always make the whole world more beautiful! Thanks.
Hi Diane,

You must have found it because #5061 has been changed from dislike to winner. Thank you very much.

Although I just 'met' you, I didn't think you would deliberately do that -- especially to such a bland post.

BTW, I did the same thing to Johanna a couple of days ago myself. It's very easy to do. I was pretty embarrassed about that. I'm not the kind of person to click dislike even if I don't dislike something (I'd rather just ignore).

Thanks again.

Bob
Thank YOU, Bob. embarrassed is definitely how I felt! And IF, that's a big if, I read something I didn't like I too would ignore it. That's what Thumper taught us wasn't it? Thumper or the Skunk and I can't remember the skunk's name....Petunia? It was a flower.:D:p:D:p:cool:

scifan, that butterfly is not just an awesome vision but YOWSA who wouldn't love a name like THAT? Great explanation on the ridge too! Was the bridge named for Prince Albert or did I miss something? I don't even know where Alberta - which separates us - got it's name! All about the Prince or something completely different?

Most reactions