What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

suenc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great Thanksgiving/Chanukah portrait of Mom and Dad!Looking forward to turkey with matzo balls. :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Dianne - well let me show & give a brief discussion of Ogre Woman - below is a short quote describing this Kachina - she visits the villages @ night, and any wayward children are captured by her crook and either are disposed of w/ the bloody cleaver in her hand or possibly put in the basket on her back for latter disposal - probably a story in the Hopi religious tradition to make their kids behave - LOVE it! Dave :)

P.S. Be sure to click on the images for larger views! :D

View attachment 50090 View attachment 50091 View attachment 50092

Can anyone see the little hands and eyes poking out of the basket?

Well, my wife 'chimed in' w/ the comment immediately above and I realized that maybe those were not well shown by my 'back' image of the Ogre Woman - so below another image of the back + a zoomed in image of the basket showing a captured child looking out - just a charming kachina! Dave :)

OgreWoman2Hands.jpg OgreWoman2.jpg

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave, that Ogre Woman is absolutely the coolest kachina doll I've ever seen!

I'm still fond of the Mudhead my boss had in his car, when I was a ranger at Mesa Verde. It had a magnet in the base and stuck to his dashboard. He was a bit of an iconoclast...

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I shared one on another thread a few moments ago, one of two I've ever taken that overlapped scenes while watching a DVD - both happy accidents, here is the other

image-381292944.jpg

This is Kate and Jack overlapped in season 1 of Lost

OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing and beautiful pictures. I love the Kachina doll. What an interesting story.

And the ghostly double image is really nice.

I've been gone so long, have a lot if catching up to do. :).

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing and beautiful pictures. I love the Kachina doll. What an interesting story. And the ghostly double image is really nice. I've been gone so long, have a lot if catching up to do. :).
I'm very glad to see you here again. :)

OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was yesterday after a storm left us. The view rendered me breathless. This is unedited image. Just the way it was.

CE246B7A-F52F-4EAD-905B-B6098A5CF551-1307-000000EC5EF89616_zps073b05bf.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave, that Ogre Woman is absolutely the coolest kachina doll I've ever seen!

I'm still fond of the Mudhead my boss had in his car, when I was a ranger at Mesa Verde. It had a magnet in the base and stuck to his dashboard. He was a bit of an iconoclast...

Hi Lanny - thanks for the comments on the Ogre Woman - wife & I both agreed on that purchase immediately! :)

Although I've been to Arizona & NM over a half dozen times, never made it to Mesa Verde (despite reading about the Anasazi & Pueblo cultures for years) - cool that you were a ranger there - are you still in the NPS? I've had my 'Senior Pass' for about 5 years now - great deal!

Like your Mudhead story - we do have one Mudhead (pics below) - was our first 'good' one purchased in Jerome, AZ (a fun place to visit) - I'd love to obtain several more but it is one of my wife's least favorite, so we have to agree. For those not knowing about this kachina, a little info quoted below from this source.

The Koyemsi, or Mudhead Kachina, is a clown who may be seen in most Hopi ceremonies. Mudhead Kachinas drum, dance, play games with the audience, and may act as announcers for events. They often give prizes or rewards for the races and guessing games they organize. The term "mudhead" comes from their masks which have mud applied to them.

Mudhead1.JPG Mudhead2.JPG

OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took this picture of a moose standing in the yard, eating my lettuce. (Unedited) LOL, had to take the picture before shooing it away...

Didn't even ask for the dressing. :);)

9B1EA978-3A05-42BD-8FEC-C76ADC1954D7-1620-0000011CCC5A9BCA_zps5de3e1bb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Iriana

Iriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Lanny - thanks for the comments on the Ogre Woman - wife & I both agreed on that purchase immediately! :)

Although I've been to Arizona & NM over a half dozen times, never made it to Mesa Verde (despite reading about the Anasazi & Pueblo cultures for years) - cool that you were a ranger there - are you still in the NPS? I've had my 'Senior Pass' for about 5 years now - great deal!

Like your Mudhead story - we do have one Mudhead (pics below) - was our first 'good' one purchased in Jerome, AZ (a fun place to visit) - I'd love to obtain several more but it is one of my wife's least favorite, so we have to agree. For those not knowing about this kachina, a little info quoted below from this source.

View attachment 50484 View attachment 50485

Very nice.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Took this picture of a moose standing in the yard, eating my lettuce. (Unedited) LOL, had to take the picture before shooing it away... Didn't even ask for the dressing. :);)
I think they prefer lettuce without dressing. :D
(Just my opinion. :))

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts