What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

bondr006

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finding shade in the garden...
IMG_3950.JPG

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Curious about the location? The alligator looks 'familiar' to me! 😎

We vacation on the Carolina coast often (at least pre-COVID), usually Wrightsville Beach or Kiawah Island - on a trip to Kiawah back in 2019, probably the largest alligator on the island lived in a pond on one of the 17th holes - we were back last spring and could not find the gator? First 3 pics below mine from the '19 trip (last on age vs. length from the web) - for those interested in visiting the Carolina coast, check my travelogues. Dave :)
Kiawah4_21A4.JPG
Kiawah19Apr_A5.JPG
Kiawah19Apr_A7.JPG
Kiawah4_21A9c.png

bondr006

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Curious about the location? The alligator looks 'familiar' to me! 😎

We vacation on the Carolina coast often (at least pre-COVID), usually Wrightsville Beach or Kiawah Island - on a trip to Kiawah back in 2019, probably the largest alligator on the island lived in a pond on one of the 17th holes - we were back last spring and could not find the gator? First 3 pics below mine from the '19 trip (last on age vs. length from the web) - for those interested in visiting the Carolina coast, check my travelogues. Dave :)
View attachment 97094View attachment 97096View attachment 97097View attachment 97098
Interesting story. Been to Wrightsville Beach a few times but usually we go to Emerald Isle and Nags Head. My gator is from the NC zoo in Asheboro, NC

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting story. Been to Wrightsville Beach a few times but usually we go to Emerald Isle and Nags Head. My gator is from the NC zoo in Asheboro, NC
Thanks - we need to get back to the zoo (quick drive for us) - has been over a decade! We are actually 'founding' members w/ a metal card that gets us in for free (hope I haven't lost it?). But on Kiawah Island, there are 600+ 'wild' gators (from quote below) - we stay in the lagoon condos, all w/ ponds; fortunately we do not have little dogs which at times have disappeared from those condo complexes - ;)

We had a trip planned to the Outer Banks in 2020 but then COVID hit! We had been there a few years earlier and I wanted to drive over the new bridge which was still under construction on our previous visit. Dave :)

How many alligators live on Kiawah Island? Approximately 600 – 700 alligators live on Kiawah. Kiawah's alligator population is allowed to fluctuate naturally and has remained stable over the last 10 years. It is safe to assume that there is at least one alligator, usually more, in every water body on the island. (Source)

bondr006

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks - we need to get back to the zoo (quick drive for us) - has been over a decade! We are actually 'founding' members w/ a metal card that gets us in for free (hope I haven't lost it?). But on Kiawah Island, there are 600+ 'wild' gators (from quote below) - we stay in the lagoon condos, all w/ ponds; fortunately we do not have little dogs which at times have disappeared from those condo complexes - ;)

We had a trip planned to the Outer Banks in 2020 but then COVID hit! We had been there a few years earlier and I wanted to drive over the new bridge which was still under construction on our previous visit. Dave :)
What part of NC you from? As you can see, I live in Cary, NC. Maybe a meetup is in store? I am retired from the Navy, but am in real estate and property management now. I am very social and love making new friends. My name is Rob btw. Nice to meet you!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What part of NC you from? As you can see, I live in Cary, NC. Maybe a meetup is in store? I am retired from the Navy, but am in real estate and property management now. I am very social and love making new friends. My name is Rob btw. Nice to meet you!
Hi Rob - we live in Winston-Salem - have been in North Carolina since 1971 (but originally northerners, wife from NJ and I from MI - met in Ann Arbor on the U of Michigan campus, both in school then) - I'm a retired academic radiologist (Wake Forest Medical School faculty x 34 years) - pre-COVID, once or twice a year we would stay at the Umstead Hotel in your 'neck of the woods', usually to see a special exhibit at the NC Art Museum and/or go to the museums in downtown Raleigh. Dave :)

bondr006

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Rob - we live in Winston-Salem - have been in North Carolina since 1971 (but originally northerners, wife from NJ and I from MI - met in Ann Arbor on the U of Michigan campus, both in school then) - I'm a retired academic radiologist (Wake Forest Medical School faculty x 34 years) - pre-COVID, once or twice a year we would stay at the Umstead Hotel in your 'neck of the woods', usually to see a special exhibit at the NC Art Museum and/or go to the museums in downtown Raleigh. Dave :)
Thanks Dave! My wife and I have been here 21 years. My son was born at Wake Med in Cary over on Trion Rd and Kildaire Farm Rd. Sue(my wife) and I met in college also. I was doing recruiter duty in my hometown of Binghamton, NY and was working on my MBA at the State University of NY at Binghamton and Sue was working on her Masters in EE, and we met by chance. She just retired from Texas Instruments a couple years ago. My son Matthew is 20 and going to NC State in Raleigh. We drive by Winston-Salem on our way to Boone, so maybe one of these times we can stop on our way to the mountains and socialize a bit. And if you are in the Raleigh/Cary area, please let me know and I'll be happy to get together.

Here is a picture of my family and I in the Smokey Mountains in 2011 at Pigeon Forge, TN(Dolly Parton's home town).

SAM_0468.JPG

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts