What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Armadillos Invading the North Carolina Triad!

Article in our local Winston Salem paper today on the spread of armadillos in the state - first seen in 2007/8, the animal has spread throughout the state, even into Dare County and the Outer Banks (see map). Fondly known as a 'Texas speed bump' (i.e. a frequent victim on the highways there) - none seen yet in my county but likely. Dave :)
Armadillo1.png
Armadillo2.jpg
Armadillo3.png
Armadillo4.jpg

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave, I've seen squashed/bloated 'dillos just a couple miles south of our home. Missouri opossums are furious that the Texas intruders are stealing their roadkill jobs! It's hoped that the Missouri River will block their northward progress, but I somehow doubt it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave, I've seen squashed/bloated 'dillos just a couple miles south of our home. Missouri opossums are furious that the Texas intruders are stealing their roadkill jobs! It's hoped that the Missouri River will block their northward progress, but I somehow doubt it.

Hi Lanny - I've probably been to Texas a half dozen times and have seen the armadillo 'speed bumps' on the roads there - usually in North Carolina our 'road kill' include deer, dogs, and the occasional local rodent(s), but would not be surprised to see an armadillo soon?

Opossums are common around here - use to get in our garbage cans years ago and scared my wife - terrible hissers! But large housing developments eliminated the tracts of woods just to our west so not an issue anymore; plus we now have large single garbage & recycling bins and I keep a strong bungee cord on the one w/ garbage - not even the wily raccoons can get in although they have disappeared from our neighborhood too. Dave

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hydrangeas in bloom!

A few years ago we had the side of our house 'cleaned out' of overgrown natural vegetation, had a few trees removed, and had our yard service (owner has degrees in landscaping) do some plantings and drip irrigation - well, now looking quite nice - pics below of the path (house to the left not shown) w/ the hydrangeas in full bloom. Dave :)

P1050033.JPG
P1050035.JPG
P1050036.JPG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Found this in my Photo library, and kind of liked the modern art look. I’m assuming it’s an unintentional photo captured while I was swinging the phone around between intentional photos. I did crop it, but otherwise unaltered.

A9C7D122-2D95-4D3E-A626-8EE9AB051CDA.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts