What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
20664FCF-BF62-4FC3-A328-5CA2B780FD03.jpeg Shameless plug....I make this stuff.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I was checking my FB account this morning and often follow links of interest - was brought to the first pic shown below w/ the description ‘In September 1956 IBM launched the 305 RAMAC, the first ‘SUPER’ computer with a hard disk drive (HDD). The HDD weighed over a ton and stored 5 MB of data.’ (LINK - story dated 2011) - gave me a BIG laugh and reminded me of some of the first computers, like the ENIAC.

More recently, a 5 y/o external HD used to do a TM backup on my MBPro died (do duplicate HDs) - so, I bought the replacement below, a Samsung SSD 500 GBs - BOY, how times have changed! :) Dave
HD1.png
HD2.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yet another tree needed removal in our yard! Large pine started to lean over a year ago and gradually worsened, especially after the heavy snow we had in December - first pic of the degree of leaning and tall enough to have fallen on our neighbor's house; next pic the tree guy near to summit about to cut off the top of the tree - 3 guy team were out here for 6 hrs but did an excellent job, leaving just a stump near the ground!

Those last two 'tree jobs' would have been a nice vacation for us! Dave :)

P1040578.JPG
P1040586.JPG

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yet another tree needed removal in our yard! Large pine started to lean over a year ago and gradually worsened, especially after the heavy snow we had in December - first pic of the degree of leaning and tall enough to have fallen on our neighbor's house; next pic the tree guy near to summit about to cut off the top of the tree - 3 guy team were out here for 6 hrs but did an excellent job, leaving just a stump near the ground!

Those last two 'tree jobs' would have been a nice vacation for us! Dave :)

View attachment 85119 View attachment 85120
Did you get any firewood from the tree?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you get any firewood from the tree?

Well, I don't make 'fires' anymore despite having a fireplace (and another in the unfinished basement), just a waste of energy unless there is a special insert and intake/exit pipes going up the chimney, an investment considered in the past but never done - plus, was a pine tree so not good for firewood. Tree guys had a chipper and carried the trunk logs (cut up into smaller pieces) to their truck - a rather rigorous job (and expensive in these parts and likely elsewhere). Dave

Most reactions