What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image/Photo Thread Of Any Images You Would Like To Share....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg
This photo was taken yesterday after sunset, when the website was offline for quite a while. It's a panoramic picture, made of five photos.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Very nice video Twerppoet!

Some lovely birds......you must have been quite low to take your videos! ;)

Low?

The spotting scope has 20x to 60x zoom; though it is almost impossible to use above 40X with the iPhone attached. I used a standard hight tripod. The distance gives the illusion that I'm looking at the birds from about the same height. It's all trigonometry. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh.....I thought from the video that you must have gotten down low to film them at the same level they were.

Very nice and clear video though!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh.....I thought from the video that you must have gotten down low to film them at the same level they were.

Very nice and clear video though!

Thanks.

I'm not nearly sneaky enough to get that close and low to the birds. The blue heron never let me closer than 100 yards (approximately).

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No a photo, but this is what I was up to today; using my iPhone, a spotting scope, and my SnapZoom adaptor.

Beautiful!

How long did it take to film the birds, and then put the scenes together?
And - because I mostly heard the sound of the water - I suppose Gypsy wasn't coming with you at that time? :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
J. A. said:
Beautiful! How long did it take to film the birds, and then put the scenes together? And - because I mostly heard the sound of the water - I suppose Gypsy wasn't coming with you at that time? :)

I spent about an hour and a half filming, and about 20 minutes editing in iMovie. That was mostly deciding what not to use. I used the iMac instead of the iPad, because it's easier and renders the final movie faster.

And yes, I left Gypsy at home. She doesn't think much of sitting around while I do silly things. Not when she could be walking and doing some serious dog things.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And yes, I left Gypsy at home. She doesn't think much of sitting around while I do silly things. Not when she could be walking and doing some serious dog things.

Yep, dogs are particular, i.e. 'walking or running + smelling' - Dave :)

dog-sniffing-butt.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For those interested in golf (I know you all are yarning!) - but a historic event in the US Woman's Open now being held in Pinehurst, NC (a couple hours east of us) - below a picture of Lucy Li, an 11 y/o from California who qualified for this prestigious event (the youngest ever) - all of you gals should be proud - now she will not make the 'cut' - but looks CUTE in that outfit - agree? Dave :)

DR3tt0s.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, lets experiment with the image thing, and see if I can figure out how to get an image inline. To keep things on topic, I'll post a few pictures I took while shooting the video I posted yesterday, or was that the day before?

IMG_0881.JPG

Ok. By turning off the RTF mode (the furthest right icon in the tool bar), I can see the attachment tags, and move them. The picture, which I uploaded as a FULL IMAGE should be between these two paragraphs. Lets add another one.

IMG_0881.JPG

I got a warning on that one. It said the file is too big. I'm going to insert and leave it anyway, just to see what happens. Should be a picture of a blue heron. One more, just for good measure.

IMG_0955.JPG

Should be the storks again. At least I thing they are storks. Too big to be herons, and not enough neck pouch to be pelicans (which shouldn't be away from the ocean anyway).

Well, lets see what it looks like.

Most reactions

Latest posts