What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm totally new to Apple! Looking for help from the O.G's! Apple 101.

ED_OG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone thanks for reading my post. No I haven't been living under a rock like some of you may suspect. :) I've just been raised on the PC platform like so many other users. Recently I came up on an iPad mini. I'm excited to see what it can do. But since I'm not too familiar with Apple products at all I'm asking for your help as To how I can get the most out of it. And to be honest I don't know where to begin I have never gone to an Apple store I haven't downloaded any apps yet so pretty much I'm starting from the beginning.

So here are my questions to you?

1. Which apps do you feel you simply must have on your iPad mini?

2. What is your favorite thing to do with Your iPad mini?

3. What is an iPad best used for?

4. Should I jailbreak my iPad in order to multitask on it more? ( This questions a little bit broader I should open a new thread on it) But I might as well inquire since I'm typing anyway. A few things I'd like to do with my iPad When I started up for the day Is open my yahoo mail, Play a song on YouTube, Serve my eBay , And check the score to my favorite sports teams All at the same time if possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post hope to hear from you guys soon.

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Some hardcore games, of course some reference apps that does not need internet, some utilities, iBooks or other book apps, and also some photo editing app. Trust me, after a few photography you will need it.

2. Gaming, photo editing, Browsing the internet, reading books, watching videos and listening to music.

3. Gaming! iOS Gaming is the best this generation! (Yeh but if your not into gaming best used for entertainment.)

4. Jailbreaking is a great idea, but if your using 6.1.3 I guess you will have a hard time. I am hoping sn0wbreez will serve me. Just make sure you don't download everything in Cydia. Infact just use those tweaks that can vhange the apperance of your iPad and search for non-jailbreak tweaks for iPad. Trust me, you can only trust those them changing apps. You can find some hacks there that can be useful and an alternative for apps in Cydia you can't trust.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How we use our ipads is very personal. I use mine to check email, browse the web, listen to music, watch TV via VPN, check weather reports, read books sometimes, edit photos, make a note of reminders and write notes. I love idevices because all my notes and reminders appear on my other devices as do my photos. I am not so into gaming but do keep a few simple ones in case I am somewhere with no internet and am bored!

I never feel the need to jailbreak. In fact I did jail break an ipod touch once and found it such a waste of time, I restored it.

Have fun, you will love it!

suzq716

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try checking out ighome.com and see if they offer gadgets to add to your home page to give you acess to the info you want to check all on one starting page in Safari or another browser. If you sell on eBay try checking out Garage Sale or the eBay app. Look at snapseed for photo editing. I use logmein and splashtop to access back to my other computers (a Mac and PC's). If you use Google the Google app gives a nice interface to the Google applications such as gmail, calendar, picasa, google drive. You can use voice search with the Google app too. Pinnacle Studio is a nice app to edit videos. There are a lot of good quality free apps to try. Explore and enjoy, you can always delete if you don't like something.

OP
ED_OG

ED_OG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try checking out ighome.com and see if they offer gadgets to add to your home page to give you acess to the info you want to check all on one starting page in Safari or another browser. If you sell on eBay try checking out Garage Sale or the eBay app. Look at snapseed for photo editing. I use logmein and splashtop to access back to my other computers (a Mac and PC's). If you use Google the Google app gives a nice interface to the Google applications such as gmail, calendar, picasa, google drive. You can use voice search with the Google app too. Pinnacle Studio is a nice app to edit videos. There are a lot of good quality free apps to try. Explore and enjoy, you can always delete if you don't like something.

Thanks Suzq ima check out the recommendations you've suggested

Most reactions

Latest posts