What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IM on skype

smaje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I can't figure out how to send an IM on skype on my ipad.
I can type the message ok, but there's no send button.

(On my android phone, there send button is on the extreme right of the message box, after the emoticon thing)

Is this just me? I can't find anyone else complaining about this!

Thanks
--

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Send button should be here:
image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not familiear with Skype, but many apps tend to gray out or leave out buttons if they won't work. For instance, in the Messages app it's possible to have a title as well as a message field to fill out. You can enter text into the title field, but the Send button remains grayed out, unresponsive, until you've entered text into the message field.

I would check for two things. One, that you'er really entering a message (incase Skype also has an optional title field), and that you have a valid addressee selected. If it's possible to enter text before you've selected another legitimate Skype user the app may refuse to Send.

That's all I can think of.

OP
S

smaje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@J.A. I was just about to take a screenshot to show you the difference, when the Send button appeared just as it is on yours! (And it wasn't my mistake before as I have a screenshot to prove there was no Send button!)
It's just one of those mysteries. I'll have to see if it happens again.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.
--

Most reactions